Author Topic: Louisiana shootings: Five killed and suspect at large (Update: Arrested)  (Read 1155 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Louisiana shootings: Five killed and suspect at large

Police in the US state of Louisiana are searching for a gunman suspected of killing five people in two separate but related shootings.

The shootings happened in the parishes of Ascension and Livingston, south of the state capital of Baton Rouge.

Authorities say 21-year-old Dakota Theriot fled in a gray and silver Dodge Ram pick-up truck. The victims include his parents.

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47017821

Sounds like a domestic crime in part, sad. The parents were able to tell police it was their son who did the shooting but both died at the hospital. This guy is a young buck in pickup truck. I mean, it does sound like he could cause more trouble.  21 year old white male. It sounds like he killed 3 people in stealing the pickup. The 3 have the same last name I believe. This guy really sounds dangerous and after doing what he's done, probably doesn't care to much about what happens.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 03:04:17 pm by TomSea »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Louisiana shootings: Five killed and suspect at large
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 01:33:07 am »
Louisiana, every 10 year old down there has a gun and knows how to hunt, fish, and live in the woods.
At 21, this guy could go deep in the swamp or woods and it will take forever to find him.
Unless he wants to do the 'blaze of glory' thing, and go down fighting.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 01:58:39 am »
Louisiana, every 10 year old down there has a gun and knows how to hunt, fish, and live in the woods.
At 21, this guy could go deep in the swamp or woods and it will take forever to find him.
Unless he wants to do the 'blaze of glory' thing, and go down fighting.
Likely he won't hide for long. Whatever demons that boy has won't go away.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 02:02:22 am »
Evelyn Ernest, the mother of one victim and grandmother of two others, told CBS News that her granddaughter and the suspect were briefly in a romantic relationship .
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/louisiana-shooting-today-dakota-theriot-accused-gunman-livingston-parish-ascension-parish-live-updates-2019-01-26/

Another excerpt:
Livingston Parish Sheriff Jason Ard confirmed on Facebook that three deaths happened in his parish and identified the victims as Billy Ernest, 43; Tanner Ernest, 17; and Summer Ernest, 20.

Evelyn Ernest, the mother of Billy Ernst and grandmother of Tanner and Summer, told CBS News that Summer and the suspect were briefly in a romantic relationship. She said she met Theriot only once. 

So, killed Summer Ernst, whom he apparently had a brief romantic relationship per the news reports.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 02:05:25 am »
It sounds a bit like a situation when someone like this guy turns the gun on themselves and ends it that way. That seems to be a possibility. 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 03:01:31 am »
It sounds a bit like a situation when someone like this guy turns the gun on themselves and ends it that way. That seems to be a possibility.
That thought crossed my mind, too, Tom. That or suicide by cop.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

Suspect in killing of five in Louisiana arrested in Virginia
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 03:08:14 pm »
Suspect in killing of five in Louisiana arrested in Virginia

Jan. 27 (UPI) -- A suspect in the killing of five people Saturday in Louisiana was arrested about 1,000 miles away in Virginia, authorities said Sunday morning.

Dakota Theriot, 21, is accused of killing his girlfriend Summer Ernest, 20, as well as her father, Billy Ernest, 43, and her brother Tanner Ernest, 17, at their mobile home in Livingston Parish just outside Walker on Saturday. Theriot then allegedly killed his parents, Elizabeth Theriot and Keith Theriot, 50,, both 50 in Gonzales in Ascension Parish.

Read more: https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2019/01/27/Suspect-in-killing-of-five-in-Louisiana-arrested-in-Virginia/7161548599123/#ixzz5doxc1zld

This article states:

The older daughter's boyfriend, Dakota Theriot, moved into the house, a few weeks ago, the neighbor said.

Dakota is the suspect, so anyway, this seems to shift from being a "short romantic relationship" to me. Details tend sometimes change in these stories.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 03:17:11 pm by TomSea »

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Louisiana shootings: Five killed and suspect at large (Update: Arrested)
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 03:26:28 am »
Something about that guy calls to mind a young Charles Manson...

Offline TomSea

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 03:56:49 am »

New York Post

I think I saw a full picture of that and though, his prison suit is all black, it looked something like his legs/ankles and hands were shackled to one contraption.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 04:12:03 am »
Something about that guy calls to mind a young Charles Manson...
He's a few tats shy. I think he felt 'entitled' to something and was told 'No.".

People who grew up on participation trophies have been groomed to have problems with "No.", and don't have the self-discipline to contain their outbursts. Only now, they have more adult sized tantrums. Besides, it's everyone else's fault.

C S Lewis