Author Topic: Gee, I Guess Now I’m Going To Have To Be Happy With Only 90% Of The Stuff I Wanted Trump To Do.. Kur  (Read 376 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gee, I Guess Now I’m Going To Have To Be Happy With Only 90% Of The Stuff I Wanted Trump To Do
Kurt Schlichter

Posted: Jan 25, 2019 8:35 PM

Chill.

Just chill. The wailing and gnashing of teeth on the hardcore conservative side over Trump’s delaying action – really, a hudna – in the battle for the wall is way over the top and typically overdramatic.

Trump’s caved-in!

We’re doomed!

Pelosi annihilated him with her master stratagems and it’s all over for conservatism!

Oh please. Lighten up, Francises – and many of you are my pals. But you need this bucket of cold water. What happened Friday doesn’t matter.

Not at all.

Well, that’s not quite accurate. It could matter, if you decide to keep doing exactly what Nancy Pelosi wants you to do, freaking out. That’s why she employed her brilliant stratagem of just saying “No” – since you’re upset, let me point out that this is sarcasm.

It wasn’t brilliant – it was obvious. She was counting on you to set up as a do-or-die test for Trump over something where she and Chuck Schumer held a veto. Thanks to Paul Ryan and the Fredocons, the House belongs to the Democrats, and the Senate can’t pass anything without 60 votes and we have 52 plus Mitt. So Trump can’t build a wall without their OK, and the emergency power thing is no panacea – it will last about 30 seconds before some Obama judge enjoins it.

You were going to let your support for Trump be entirely contingent on the Democrats’ approval? What were you thinking?

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2019/01/25/gee-i-guess-now-im-going-to-have-to-be-happy-with-only-90-of-the-stuff-i-wanted-trump-to-do-n2540292
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Schlichter is full of it.

Offline Axeslinger

Schlichter is full of it.

Yep
I’m guesssing his eyes are brown
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson