Author Topic: Huffington Post shutters its opinion and health sections  (Read 548 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Huffington Post shutters its opinion and health sections
« on: January 26, 2019, 04:35:56 pm »
Huffington Post shutters its opinion and health sections
Washington Examiner, Jan 24, 2019

The Huffington Post cut down its commentary and healthcare teams Thursday.

“As of this morning, HuffPost's opinion section is no more. I and the rest of the team have been let go,” the former head of the opinion section at Huffington Post, Bryan Maygers, tweeted.

“I spent the last few years reporting on two of the most pressing issues in public health — gun violence and the opioid crisis — and today @HuffPost eliminated its health team,” former senior public health reporter at Huffington Post, Erin Schumaker, posted to Twitter Thursday, adding that she was in the market for a new job.

According to Washington Post media reporter Eric Wemple, the website's cutbacks "fell hard" on Huffington Post's health podcast operation, but not healthcare policy, and opinion podcasts.

The cutbacks at Huffington Post come just a day after Verizon Communications, a telecommunications corporation that includes AOL, Yahoo, and Huffington Post, said Wednesday it would be cutting around 7 percent of its digital media operations.

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/huffington-post-shutters-opinion-health-sections

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: Huffington Post shutters its opinion and health sections
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 04:54:05 pm »
Well, YAY!  None of the media institutions named practice real journalism.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline goatprairie

Re: Huffington Post shutters its opinion and health sections
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 06:12:54 pm »
Cutting carbuncles off the fake news media.
A lot of gender studies majors and various and sundry SJWs are without jobs today. (sniff, sob  8888crybaby)

Actually, this is the way I really feel.  :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: