Author Topic: Here’s the Disturbing New Pledge of Allegiance Key Latino Leader’s Pushing  (Read 381 times)

rangerrebew

Here’s the Disturbing New Pledge of Allegiance Key Latino Leader’s Pushing
By Malachi Bailey
January 25, 2019 at 11:08am

A key Latino leader is pushing for a disturbing new pledge of allegiance, citing the pledge’s alleged connection to “white supremacy.”

Cesar Vargas, co-director of the Dream Action Coalition, attacked America’s pledge in a bizarre piece for the The Hill on Tuesday.

“The pledge’s history is deeply rooted in nativism and white supremacy,” Vargas claimed.

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/disturbing-new-pledge-allegiance-key-latino-leaders-pushing/

Offline skeeter

Looks like everything many of us were afraid would happen if we kept flooding the country with immigrants is indeed happening.

And all the pollyannas who responded with name calling and hoary slogans about how great every immigrant was were wrong. Tragically so.

Too bad there's no going back now.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 03:54:12 pm by skeeter »

Offline goatprairie

If these Latino "leaders" don't like the way the country was set up, why don't they all go back to the wonderful sh*tholes...er....countries they left and arrange it any way they like?
Are there any Europeans who insist on retaining the customs/culture of whatever country they came from at the expense of being an American? I don't know of any.
I'm proud to be an American...not the mix of eastern and western European peoples I am.
If some people like of Irish descent (I'm part Irish) want to put on green clothes and dance a jig on St. Patrick's Day, that's fine by me.
If some people of Mexican descent want to get out on Cinco de Mayo and do whatever, fine by me.
But at the end of day I'm an American and not some hyphenated ethnic group.