Author Topic: JUST IN: Bishop Roger Foys Apologizes to Nick Sandmann, Covington Catholic Families – Letter Include  (Read 1391 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
JUST IN: Bishop Roger Foys Apologizes to Nick Sandmann, Covington Catholic Families – Letter Included
by Cristina Laila January 25, 2019

Roger Foys, the Bishop of Covington finally apologized to Nick Sandmann and other Covington students who were smeared with an edited video after initially condemning the teens.

The Diocese fell for fake news and immediately condemned the Covington Catholic boys.

On Friday, nearly a week after the media onslaught and a myriad of death threats, the Diocese finally withdrew their condemnation and apologized.

The Bishop said in a letter to the Covington Catholic parents that since their condemnation of the teens, “other video clips” have surfaced showing the teens did nothing wrong and the same people who put pressure on the Diocese to condemn the students are now putting pressure on them to retract.

“We are sorry that this situation has caused such disruption in the lives of so many. We apologize to anyone who has been offended in any way by either or our statements which were made with good will based on the information we had. We should not have allowed ourselves to be bullied and pressured into making a statement prematurely, and we take full responsibility for it,” the letter read.

“I especially apologize to Nicholas Sandmann and his family as well as to all CovCath families who have felt abandoned during this ordeal,” the Bishop said. “Nicholas unfortunately has become the face of these allegations based on video clips. This is not fair. It is not just.”

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/01/just-in-diocese-of-covington-apologizes-to-nick-sandmann-covington-catholic-families/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The collection plates must have been threatened.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

Apology not accepted.   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm waiting for the apology from the Arch Diocese in Louisville.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Nick's parents hired a big shot libel attorney today..I am sure more apologies will be forthcoming..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Nick's parents hired a big shot libel attorney today..I am sure more apologies will be forthcoming..
Can you imagine if these kids were from a rural Christian school and didn't have the resources to fight back like this?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Can you imagine if these kids were from a rural Christian school and didn't have the resources to fight back like this?
Yeah. Likely they'd have to find an attorney to take the case on contingency fees instead of pro bono....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

He should have immediately announced his resignation of his post as he has failed his Church and its followers.

Or alternatively, his superiors in Rome should have.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline verga

Someone needs to remind the Bishop that in this country you are innocent until proven guilty, not guilty by mob rule.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Someone needs to remind the Bishop that in this country you are innocent until proven guilty, not guilty by mob rule.
I have a feeling that between parents and p.o.ed alumnae, the Bishop has had an earful of reminders.  :laugh:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Funny how that works, and how there's no laws today requiring people to tithe or otherwise.

Unlike 1,000 year ago, today, the Christian Church is a Free Market with denominational competition.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
I hope these kids lawyers catch a bunch of the Virtue Signalers who are too full of themselves to back down.

Especially the entertainment/celebrity clowns with the "I'll kiss Any Agenda's A$$ for just $99.99" types.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com