Author Topic: Taliban agree Isil and Al-Qaeda will be barred from Afghanistan in major concession during talks wit  (Read 713 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Telegraph News
Taliban agree Isil and Al-Qaeda will be barred from Afghanistan in major concession during talks with US
    Ben Farmer, Islamabad

24 January 2019 • 6:57pm

Taliban envoys meeting American officials have reportedly agreed to bar international terror groups from Afghanistan, in a significant concession to Washington's fears the country will again become a terrorist haven.

Talks between the adversaries on Thursday reached the end of their fourth day, raising hopes the lengthy session would bring more progress.

Taliban sources also said Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, the militants' former number two who was recently released from custody in Pakistan, would now take direct charge of the negotiations in Doha.

Zalmay Khalilzad, Donald Trump's peace envoy to the country, was understood to be pushing for an initial agreement that would pave the way to bring the Afghan government into talks.

Read more at: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/24/taliban-agree-isil-al-qaeda-will-barred-afghanistan-major-concession/

It's a crazy world, I thought it was the Taliban killing so many Afghanis and others with suicide bombs and then, one hears these talks where something like this sounds almost reasonable.  Good Taliban/Bad Taliban has been discussed before. They are all bad as far as I'm concerned, a pretty bad place to be.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Trust but verify.

And the first time they betray that trust, let loose on them like never before.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

The Afghani government side has taken big losses and to think, we dropped the MOAB on them. Sometimes, the more you fight these people, the more fight you get it seems. It's amazing, we are even at a negotiating table with them.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Coolio!  A promise from the Taliban is a promise you can take to the bank.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
There is no point in "negotiating" with the Taliban, or ANY of them, including the Afghan government.

The only sensible course of action is to GET OUT of there, and to let the muzzies have at each other.

The more of them that end up dead, the better it will be for The West.

Offline TomSea

If people think Afghanistan is a tough place to win, Iran seems like it would be a tough place if we ever got into a war with them... unless, of course, the people want freedom and there I think they do. They say a lot of the enemy fighters from Afghanistan, the Taliban themselves are from Pakistan. I'm no expert though.  Just what I heard.