Author Topic: Pelosi, Schumer declare victory, hope Trump 'learned his lesson'  (Read 20943 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Pelosi, Schumer declare victory, hope Trump 'learned his lesson'
« Reply #250 on: January 26, 2019, 07:44:51 pm »
Isn't that where they just apprehended the Middle Easterner on the terror watch list, New Mexico?

Well I could not find it but the fact is that terrorists are crossing the border.  This is a chilling report from Center For Security Policy.

https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2019/01/07/the-terror-threat-on-the-southern-border/

I think this was the story but they were caught in Arizona not NM.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jan/21/terrorism-suspect-caught-us-mexico-border-roils-im/

Then there's all those terrorists that didn't get caught.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #251 on: January 26, 2019, 08:02:04 pm »
Then there's all those terrorists that didn't get caught.

Exactly.  Those are the ones that did.  We always talk about how many illegals have been apprehended.  It would be yugely inaccurate to gauge how many come in by how many are apprehended.  Its a free for all.  The ones caught are by luck.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #252 on: January 26, 2019, 08:19:19 pm »
Exactly.  Those are the ones that did.  We always talk about how many illegals have been apprehended.  It would be yugely inaccurate to gauge how many come in by how many are apprehended.  Its a free for all.  The ones caught are by luck.

That's why it's damned near impossible to figure out how many are here already illegally.  Thank goodness they get counted in the Census (spit!)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #253 on: January 26, 2019, 08:22:30 pm »
That's why it's damned near impossible to figure out how many are here already illegally.  Thank goodness they get counted in the Census (spit!)

Yes.  We have a judicial system which enforces law breaking.  Bad is good, good is bad.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #254 on: January 26, 2019, 08:27:28 pm »
Yes.  We have a judicial system which enforces law breaking.  Bad is good, good is bad.

That has the makings of another God-given smouldering hole in the ground.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #255 on: January 26, 2019, 08:43:03 pm »
Not uptight at all, just bemused at the dissimulation. There is a function on the very page you post on which allows you to increase the size of the font. Other posters routinely take advantage of this, either for emphasis, or to assuage their optical difficulties, or perhaps just to overcome the curse of a high definition display (everything is smaller). Try that instead of the internet equivalent of shouting. 
-------------------------------
An observation.
When someone has something to say; shouting is unnecessary.
As Cicero mentioned, raising one's voice in the Roman Senate got you shown the door!!!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #256 on: January 26, 2019, 10:14:39 pm »
Cyber Liberty

Areas like that could be easily monitored for human traffic by both buried sensors and drones,with BP stations close enough for quick response by truck or even helicopter.

We either control our borders or we don't have a sovereign nation. There is no in-between.
Yep. Partial (incomplete) barriers could be used to channel what influx there is into areas where they are easier to round up, or into dead ends like box canyons where they can be picked up and sent home.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #257 on: January 26, 2019, 10:25:43 pm »
-------------------------------
An observation.
When someone has something to say; shouting is unnecessary.
As Cicero mentioned, raising one's voice in the Roman Senate got you shown the door!!!
Yep. BTW, that wasn't shouting, the large font was because the poster to whom I was responding said they had visual issues. (Funny that hadn't been mentioned before to my recollection, only in the attempt to justify using all caps.) 

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #258 on: January 26, 2019, 10:25:45 pm »
Yep. Partial (incomplete) barriers could be used to channel what influx there is into areas where they are easier to round up, or into dead ends like box canyons where they can be picked up and sent home.

@Smokin Joe

Being picked up and sent back home right away is no longer good enough. We MUST stop them from coming,and one thing that would help would be to make every illegal over 13 or 14 work at least 30 days out in the sun doing border construction of some type. Pick and shovel work.  If nothing else,give them rakes and make them rake the desert sands near the border every day so the BP flying over will be able to immediately spot footprints. No money. 3 boxed meals a day,and dropped off at the border and forced across at bayonet point if necessary.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 10:28:04 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #259 on: January 26, 2019, 10:30:32 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Being picked up and sent back home right away is no longer good enough. We MUST stop them from coming,and one thing that would help would be to make every illegal over 13 or 14 work at least 30 days out in the sun doing border construction of some type. Pick and shovel work.  No money. 3 boxed meals a day,and dropped off at the border and forced across at bayonet point if necessary.
While I agree in spirit, we would quickly run into the problem of running an ethnically based labor camp. While I grant you that these people would be found guilty of trying to jump our border first, and sentences at hard labor (especially for only 30 days) have been upheld in the past, that just isn't how the world's media would spin that, especially with the help of the MSM right here at home. Aside from enough court action to build entire careers on, there would be condemnation by all the Marxist nations of the UN, etc., used to gin up anti-American sentiment worldwide.
Better to build our own and drop them off where they'd have a long walk back to the wall.

C S Lewis

Offline Absalom

« Reply #260 on: January 27, 2019, 04:50:44 am »
Yep. BTW, that wasn't shouting, the large font was because the poster to whom I was responding said they had visual issues. (Funny that hadn't been mentioned before to my recollection, only in the attempt to justify using all caps.)
----------------------
Understood.

Offline DB

« Reply #261 on: January 27, 2019, 05:00:14 am »

The barrier only needs to impede long enough to intercept. There needs to be 100% electronic surveillance of the border. Drones, ground stations, satellite, whatever. After interception their fingerprints need to be recorded. Repeat offenders get rapidly worse consequences. Known criminals get automatic jail time and sent back when done. Make the consequences stiff and the intercept rate high. Then people will think twice about doing what they've been doing for decades.

And stop the incentives of free stuff. Stop letting employers steal from the community by bring in illegal laborers who's collateral expenses are borne by the community. Make it not pay to do so. A moral hazard that needs to be eliminated.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #262 on: January 27, 2019, 05:27:31 am »
You are correct, Chief.  Trump figured out that he could use all of the showmanship, the over the top rhetoric, the clear exaggerations, the BS, etc., to win the nomination and eventually the election.  But, I don't think that he realized that once elected, none of that crap would keep working. 

Governing is not show business (or private sector wheeling and dealing).  The show biz act is no longer effective.

However, as I have pointed out several times in various threads here (which is routinely ignored by those that prefer to just keep repeating the same mantra over and over), he was not ever going to get anything passed through the "GOP" House controlled by Ryan and the "GOP" Senate controlled by McConnell, IF they (and their donors-supporters) were not in favor of it.

Somehow he gained agreement for these 3 main items in the past Congress:
1.  Beefed up military funding.
2.  Senate confirmation of judges and justices.
3.  Modification of the income tax code.

That was it.  The was never a snowball's chance in hell that Ryan and McConnell were ever going to pass legislation to properly fund a border wall and put it on Trump's desk.  Never.  That's reality.

What is also "reality" is that the showmanship, carnival barker act is never going to work to accomplish major policy initiatives.  Trump better find and start listening to some advisors that can spell that out clearly for him.

I never believed the rhetoric.  And unfortunately I think that the rhetoric has increased the flow of illegal immigrants.  When they learned that it was a show and not reality they started coming in caravans.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #263 on: January 27, 2019, 05:47:06 am »
I never believed the rhetoric.  And unfortunately I think that the rhetoric has increased the flow of illegal immigrants.  When they learned that it was a show and not reality they started coming in caravans.

And making demands.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #264 on: January 27, 2019, 12:18:27 pm »
While I agree in spirit, we would quickly run into the problem of running an ethnically based labor camp. 

@Smokin Joe

GOOD! The entire civilized world needs to understand we are all being invaded by foreigners. People that not just look different,but who think differently.

We either protect the civilizations our forefathers created,or we lose it and anarchy will reign until police states are created to replace the open and free societies we  have now.

We are being invaded,and our cultures are being attacked.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #265 on: January 27, 2019, 01:19:11 pm »
@Smokin Joe

GOOD! The entire civilized world needs to understand we are all being invaded by foreigners. People that not just look different,but who think differently.

We either protect the civilizations our forefathers created,or we lose it and anarchy will reign until police states are created to replace the open and free societies we  have now.

No argument about the invasion. Americans ordinarily have had cultural infatuations with other cultures, it's something we are prone to. But then, traditionally, those cultures have assimilated and become part of the more broad American culturescape (yeah, I think i just invented a word). We're being overrun, though, and not with the best aspects of those cultures which are invading us. Between the Cartels, the Salvadoran Gangs, Islamists and Islamics, and other enclaves, it is hard to argue that any good is happening as a result.

C S Lewis

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #266 on: January 27, 2019, 01:36:00 pm »
@Smokin Joe

@sneakypete

I think we can carve it in stone that the bolded part above is where we’re headed...just a question of the time frame.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #267 on: January 27, 2019, 01:53:26 pm »
@sneakypete

I think we can carve it in stone that the bolded part above is where we’re headed...just a question of the time frame.

@Axeslinger

Yes,but it's not politically correct to mention it. Any talking head on tv that would say it would immediately be fired. Any politician that said it in public would immediately be attacked by his own party,be removed from any powerful committee seats,and find  himself facing a challenger backed by his own party come the next election.

Any private citizen that would say it in public runs the risk of being physically assaulted if they seem to be someone old or weak enough to be unable to defend themselves.

We are already only one tiny step removed from being dominated and removed from any real power ourselves.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #268 on: January 27, 2019, 02:49:04 pm »

I will say that you were/are wise to not be taken in by the rhetoric.  However, don't kid yourself, the caravans are in no way an organic response to Trump's rhetoric or anything else.  The caravans are weapons of subversion being funded by forces whose intention is to destabilize and ultimately destroy the first world society of the United States.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #269 on: January 27, 2019, 02:56:27 pm »
Nancie and Chuckie can gloat all they want. In Three weeks or less, Trump will have the last laugh when he gets his wall, fence, barrier or whatever the hell anyone wants to call it. Trump still holds the cards, another shutdown or his executive authority.
@RetBobbyMI

That was and is, what I thought when he re-opened government. I didn't see it as Pelosi won the world title of anything.  I saw it as giving people their money for work done.  Now, there is this commission of Dems and Reps to work on a solution to the wall problem and the DACA problem.  If that gets done, Trump isn't in trouble in 2020 about this particular happening.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #270 on: January 27, 2019, 02:59:43 pm »
@RetBobbyMI

That was and is, what I thought when he re-opened government. I didn't see it as Pelosi won the world title of anything.  I saw it as giving people their money for work done.  Now, there is this commission of Dems and Reps to work on a solution to the wall problem and the DACA problem.  If that gets done, Trump isn't in trouble in 2020 about this particular happening.

Aren't "Commissions" usually employed by Congress as an excuse to do nothing?  I know some accomplish things like Base Closures, but it seems to me like they are usually a means of evading action and responsibility.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #271 on: January 27, 2019, 03:04:36 pm »
The barrier only needs to impede long enough to intercept. There needs to be 100% electronic surveillance of the border. Drones, ground stations, satellite, whatever. After interception their fingerprints need to be recorded. Repeat offenders get rapidly worse consequences. Known criminals get automatic jail time and sent back when done. Make the consequences stiff and the intercept rate high. Then people will think twice about doing what they've been doing for decades.

Agree ... I would only add guard towers and sensors to your list.

And stop the incentives of free stuff. Stop letting employers steal from the community by bring in illegal laborers who's collateral expenses are borne by the community. Make it not pay to do so. A moral hazard that needs to be eliminated.

Agree 100% .... but this cannot be done by EO, it will take an act of Congress.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #272 on: January 27, 2019, 03:11:19 pm »
I will say that you were/are wise to not be taken in by the rhetoric.  However, don't kid yourself, the caravans are in no way an organic response to Trump's rhetoric or anything else.  The caravans are weapons of subversion being funded by forces whose intention is to destabilize and ultimately destroy the first world society of the United States.

One of the things I am really looking forward to is the day people can actually have their Smartphone surgically attached. With the implementation of 5G, everyone can become better, stronger, faster...and here I will be-SOL-Stupid Old Luddite.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #273 on: January 27, 2019, 03:13:47 pm »
Aren't "Commissions" usually employed by Congress as an excuse to do nothing?  I know some accomplish things like Base Closures, but it seems to me like they are usually a means of evading action and responsibility.

Reminds me of the definition of a camel.

Camel: A horse designed by a committee.

Offline DB

« Reply #274 on: January 27, 2019, 07:13:57 pm »

"Commissions" happen when congress wants no responsibility for the conclusions that it might come to. It is pass the buck somewhere else, anywhere else.