Author Topic: Pelosi, Schumer declare victory, hope Trump 'learned his lesson'  (Read 20981 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi, Schumer declare victory, hope Trump 'learned his lesson'
by Susan Ferrechio
 | January 25, 2019 04:17 PM

Democratic leaders took a victory lap Friday after President Trump agreed to end a partial government shutdown without a guarantee that he will ever receive the border wall funding he has demanded since his 2016 campaign.

“Democrats in the Senate and the House were united behind this position throughout the shutdown and ultimately this agreement endorses our position,” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said after Trump’s announcement. “Hopefully the president has learned his lesson.”

Trump announced Friday he’ll sign a bill to reopen partially closed departments and agencies closed since Dec. 22 thanks to a fight over border wall funding.

The bill will keep the government fully operational until Feb. 15. The three weeks are intended to provide Democrats and Republicans with a chance to negotiate a comprehensive deal on border security. Trump and Republicans said those discussions would include money for physical barriers on the southern border, but Democrats on Friday appeared as resistant as ever to the idea of federal funding for a wall.

“Democrats are firmly against the wall,” Schumer said Friday, adding that Trump was proven wrong that Democrats would "crack" and vote for the wall.

Pelosi said the president “underestimated” the unity among Democrats.

Poll numbers showed the public mostly blamed the president for the shutdown by nearly double digits over Democrats.

“After three weeks as the toll mounted, we made it clear to the public that the president was in charge of the shutdown he knew it was a lost cause," Schumer said.

A small group of Democrats had called on Pelosi to negotiate with the president on a border wall, but few broke ranks.

“No one should ever underestimate the Speaker as Trump has learned,” Schumer said.

Schumer said lawmakers agree on many aspects of border security, such as shoring up ports of entry.

“And that bodes well to find an eventual agreement,” Schumer said, “The fact that we have so many areas where we agree.”

Schumer said he is “very optimistic” negotiators can strike a deal by the end of three weeks, when funding expires.

Pelosi would not commit to even considering a wall but repeated the call for “evidence based knowledge about how best to secure our border.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/pelosi-schumer-declare-victory-hope-trump-learned-his-lesson
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 09:37:29 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Pelosi, Schumer declare victory, hope Trump 'learned his lesson'
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 09:44:19 pm »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 09:45:40 pm »

So do I now we have to watch for weeks their victory dance...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 09:46:57 pm »

They'll campaign off of this in 2020...they'll be taking a victory lap for the next couple years.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 09:48:09 pm »
   You would think that Trump and his advisors would have learned something from the times GWB had to deal with that snake-pelosi
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 09:50:00 pm »
The insufferable bastards will be 100 time worse now. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 09:51:06 pm »
     I resemble that remark.  @The Ghost
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 09:51:19 pm »

That is Trump's Saving Grace,  the Democrats never fail to overplay their hand when they get a small victory.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2019, 09:52:33 pm »
     I resemble that remark.  @The Ghost

I was talking about Once-ler!   LOL   :beer:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2019, 10:25:39 pm »
Well ... they will be doing a victory dance in 2020 as well.  The GOP is done. This country as we know her will be gone.   8888crybaby
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 10:28:37 pm »
Watching the Pelosi and Schumer Show this afternoon made me throw my house shoe at the tv. I can't stand these people.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 10:31:39 pm »
Watching the Pelosi and Schumer Show this afternoon made me throw my house shoe at the tv. I can't stand these people.

You may hate those people, but I hate the GOP even more.  Those that sided with them and those that caved ARE responsible for what happens to this country going forward.  This President and the GOP should have stood together long ago and got this done.  No, instead the idiots like McCain, Ryan, Murkowski, et., al, sold us down the river.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2019, 10:35:23 pm »
I hope all you NeverTrumpers are happy, the invasion of the USA by Mexico and Central America can
now continue unabated.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2019, 10:37:45 pm »
   You would think that Trump and his advisors would have learned something from the times GWB had to deal with that snake-pelosi

Happy now? May all you NeverTrumpers rot in hell.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 10:38:56 pm »
You may hate those people, but I hate the GOP even more.  Those that sided with them and those that caved ARE responsible for what happens to this country going forward.  This President and the GOP should have stood together long ago and got this done.  No, instead the idiots like McCain, Ryan, Murkowski, et., al, sold us down the river.

Don't forget Romney, may he rot in hell.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 10:40:43 pm »
I hope all you NeverTrumpers are happy, the invasion of the USA by Mexico and Central America can
now continue unabated.

Give it a rest. Blame the RINO's in Congress and blame the idiots that continued to vote for them.  NO one in here wanted Trump to fail.  NO one. This invasion has been going on for decades and people continue not to believe and recognize what is going on. The fight is over at the border, the fight is now at our front doors. Not many believe that either, but they are in for a very rude awakening and then it will be too late.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 10:43:20 pm »
All this crowing for a three week intermission during which their enemy will regroup and strengthen.    :shrug:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 10:45:20 pm »
Well ... they will be doing a victory dance in 2020 as well.  The GOP is done. This country as we know her will be gone.   8888crybaby

Ah, don't cry. The dems will be too busy looking for the truck that hit them to dance.   :laugh:

Offline corbe

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 10:47:55 pm »

Of course It's my fault @jpsb, it's been my fault since you allowed Trump to hump whatever was left of the GOP. 
   It will always be my fault and I didn't even vote for either of those NY Liberals in 2016

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2019, 10:50:01 pm »

Of course It's my fault @jpsb, it's been my fault since you allowed Trump to hump whatever was left of the GOP. 
   It will always be my fault and I didn't even vote for either of those NY Liberals in 2016

@corbe the willfully blind followers of Trump who believe no matter what he can do no wrong have to find someone other than themselves to blame for the mess we're in now.

Online DB

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2019, 10:52:45 pm »
now continue unabated.

Trump was never the answer to the invasion. That mistake was yours. He's not a man with a plan. He's a man with a sound bite. Big difference. Don't blame others for your misplaced trust. You only have to go back to 2012 when Trump was saying Mitt Romney of all people was mean-spirited for wanting to move illegals out of the country.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2019, 10:54:48 pm »
@corbe the willfully blind followers of Trump who believe no matter what he can do no wrong have to find someone other than themselves to blame for the mess we're in now.

Nice to see that you don't give a damn about 25,000,000 plus illegal invaders occupying our county.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2019, 10:57:32 pm »
Trump was never the answer to the invasion. That mistake was yours. He's not a man with a plan. He's a man with a sound bite. Big difference. Don't blame others for your misplaced trust. You only have to go back to 2012 when Trump was saying Mitt Romney of all people was mean-spirited for wanting to move illegals out of the country.

Yes Hillary would have been so much better /s

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2019, 10:58:04 pm »
now continue unabated.

@jpsb

Screw you.  Only a gutless coward would blame someone else for a decision that was SOLELY trumps.  If this was face to face, those words would earn you an ass kicking.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson