Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren plans to propose a "wealth tax" on individuals with more than $50 million  (Read 1162 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://www.wivb.com/news/national/elizabeth-warren-plans-to-propose-a-wealth-tax-on-individuals-with-more-than-50-million/1723890333

Sen. Elizabeth Warren plans to propose a "wealth tax" on Americans with more than $50 million in an effort to combat inequality in the United States, according to an academic adviser behind the tax. If implemented, the tax would raise $2.75 trillion over a 10-year period, according to a study he conducted.

The proposal would levy a 2 percent tax on individuals with more than $50 million in assets and 3 percent on those with more than $1 billion

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

https://www.wivb.com/news/national/elizabeth-warren-plans-to-propose-a-wealth-tax-on-individuals-with-more-than-50-million/1723890333

Sen. Elizabeth Warren plans to propose a "wealth tax" on Americans with more than $50 million in an effort to combat inequality in the United States, according to an academic adviser behind the tax. If implemented, the tax would raise $2.75 trillion over a 10-year period, according to a study he conducted.

The proposal would levy a 2 percent tax on individuals with more than $50 million in assets and 3 percent on those with more than $1 billion

(excerpt)

In essence, she's for redistribution of wealth.  She herself has an estimated net worth of over $5 million.   She's a loon.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
In essence, she's for redistribution of wealth.  She herself has an estimated net worth of over $5 million.   She's a loon.
Conveniently under her threshold.

It's like the old Rocky and Bullwinkle joke.

SENATOR: I vote to raise taxes on everyone 67 and under!
MAJORITY LEADER: How old are you?
SENATOR: 68.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The other thing is, though... does she have a plan to get into the numerous trusts and accounts most have already set up to evade the taxes we already have now? "Taxing the rich" is not as easy as it seems.

Offline bilo

The other thing is, though... does she have a plan to get into the numerous trusts and accounts most have already set up to evade the taxes we already have now? "Taxing the rich" is not as easy as it seems.

You're on the right track. Also, it's a proposed tax on assets. Who is determining the value of the assets?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bilo wrote:
"Also, it's a proposed tax on assets. Who is determining the value of the assets?"

They will.
Of course.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
bilo wrote:
"Also, it's a proposed tax on assets. Who is determining the value of the assets?"

They will.
Of course.

What is yours,  is mine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
How would they ever track all the offshore and foreign accounts?
What does $50 million even mean? Is that U.S. currency only, or are they talking about global assets? And how could they ever know what a global asset is worth? How would it be valuated?

This is just more kindergarten level economic nonsense coming from the Left. Like everything else I'm sure they have not thought this through on any serious level. They just spout nonsense in childish terms for the moronic base.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I will say it again.  I think the biggest threat of these bat shit crazy commie dims is confiscation of all 401k's and IRA's into a government run "all emcompassive"  Social Security Program.  That idea has already been brought up before.

Say you will withrdraw immediately?   They'll love that too, paying at the high tax bracket >59 1/2,

or early withdrawl penalties <59 1/2.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 03:27:43 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It was a few years back, but I did some calculating on taking ALL the wealth of America's billionaires.

It came up to about 4 or 5 trillion dollars, at the time enough to run the govt for about a year and a half, and cover at the time maybe 3 years of the deficits we were running in the Obama admin.

I went down to millionaires and you could fund the govt for maybe 4 years, and 7 years of deficits.

These lefty nutloons just don't get it. As much wealth as there is in America, govt spending just dwarfs that. You can't tax income enough, and even if you outright confiscated and liquidated existing wealth, there isn't enough in the rest of the world to pay full price for it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

Let me guess. This stupid whores net worth is coming in around $49,999,999.00

Offline Hoodat

Finally.   A Democrat Senator goes full communist.  Now when they say they want to tax the rich, they won't be lying.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Finally.   A Democrat Senator goes full communist.  Now when they say they want to tax the rich, they won't be lying.

Watch expat rates sky rocket, taking funds overseas with them.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DB

Not that long ago Trump proposed a wealth tax. Not an income tax but a wealth tax.

Trump wanted it on people with $10 million or more in assets.

https://taxfoundation.org/time-donald-trump-proposed-57-trillion-wealth-tax/
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 05:51:48 am by DB »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
An awful lot of wealthy democrats would fall under her axe, but only if they were stupid enough not to hide their assets. Hillary and Willie, Nancy, Difi all those tech billionaires. Yeah I can really see this idea gaining traction, not! It takes a really awesome level of crazy to out communist and out stupid Ocasio- Cortez. They'ed make a perfect pair if they weren't both horses asses that is.