Author Topic: Pentagon will hold off on transgender troops ban despite Supreme Court ruling  (Read 559 times)

rangerrebew

Pentagon will hold off on transgender troops ban despite Supreme Court ruling

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Month is celebrated during an event at the Pentagon on June 26, 2012. Department of Defense officials said on Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2019, that the Pentagon would not immediately implement a ban on transgender personnel serving in the military following a Supreme Court decision Tuesday that removed preliminary injunctions that had halted the ban for more than a year.

By COREY DICKSTEIN | STARS AND STRIPES Published: January 23, 2019

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon will not immediately implement President Donald Trump’s ban on transgender men and women serving in the military, the Defense Department said Wednesday, one day after the Supreme Court removed some legal roadblocks that have stalled the controversial policy.

The Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision on Tuesday removed preliminary injunctions that for more than a year halted the Pentagon from implementing the so-called “Mattis Plan,” a policy penned by former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis at Trump’s direction that would ban most transgender men and women from enlisting in the military. However, one such preliminary injunction issued by a federal judge overseeing a discrimination lawsuit in Maryland remained in place as of Wednesday, said Air Force Lt. Col. Carla Gleason, a Pentagon spokeswoman.

https://www.stripes.com/news/pentagon-will-hold-off-on-transgender-troops-ban-despite-supreme-court-ruling-1.565649

Offline rustynail

Judges Rule Presidents drool.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
"Serving" in the military is not a right...these people need to be out because they're not deployable during or after their "transition" due to the medical complexities required.

Just like a diabetic is non-deployable, so are these and should be discharged. 

Call me old-school, heartless, whatever...all I know is that when I deployed, there were a few who got to remain stateside and others had to pick up their slack.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.