Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez among progressives joining House Oversight: report  (Read 553 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ocasio-Cortez among progressives joining House Oversight: report
By Michael Burke - 01/22/19 08:12 PM EST

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) is among a group of progressive lawmakers joining the House Oversight Committee, Politico reported Tuesday.

In addition to Ocasio-Cortez, fellow freshmen Reps. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) and Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.) are also set to join the committee, as is Rep. Ro Khanna (D-Calif.), according to Politico.

Politico noted that each of the lawmakers has been particularly critical of President Trump. Tlaib faced some criticism from within the party earlier this month for saying House Democrats would "impeach the motherf---er," in reference to Trump.

Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), the chairman of the committee, told Politico that he is "excited" about the new members and dismissed any concerns about them.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/426529-ocasio-cortez-among-progressives-joining-house-oversight-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Ocasio-Cortez among progressives joining House Oversight: report
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 02:07:44 am »
She's everywhere, she's everywhere!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 05:22:06 am »
I think it is great the Democommies are making her their poster child.  She will fit right in with the brilliant minds of Pelosi, Schumer, Waters, Schiff, F. Wilson, Cummings, and my favorite, Hank Johnson, the Rep that believes Guam would capsize into the ocean with too many troops stationed there.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 07:57:21 am »
This sort of stupidity has a way of collecting a following, and stupid people in large numbers are not to be underestimated.

We have at least one generation which doesn't have a clue how this country is supposed to work, up-and-comers who can't even read cursive, much less the Declaration of Independence and Constitution, and likely wouldn't have a clue what they had read meant, anyway. Fools like that can easily vote us to our destruction, and the Communists in Congress are banking on it.

Let this bunch go forth with their hair on fire to investigate all sorts of wild-eyed nonsense, and the Media will suck it up and spew it out like it was all Gospel.
This country is in serious trouble.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline austingirl

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 03:59:53 pm »
I think it is great the Democommies are making her their poster child.  She will fit right in with the brilliant minds of Pelosi, Schumer, Waters, Schiff, F. Wilson, Cummings, and my favorite, Hank Johnson, the Rep that believes Guam would capsize into the ocean with too many troops stationed there.

Let me add my favorite commie, Eric Swalwell, a truly vile man.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 04:00:50 pm »
This sort of stupidity has a way of collecting a following, and stupid people in large numbers are not to be underestimated.

We have at least one generation which doesn't have a clue how this country is supposed to work, up-and-comers who can't even read cursive, much less the Declaration of Independence and Constitution, and likely wouldn't have a clue what they had read meant, anyway. Fools like that can easily vote us to our destruction, and the Communists in Congress are banking on it.

Let this bunch go forth with their hair on fire to investigate all sorts of wild-eyed nonsense, and the Media will suck it up and spew it out like it was all Gospel.
This country is in serious trouble.

I agree with everything you said.