Author Topic: Native American Activist Nathan Phillips Never Served in Vietnam — But Raised Money By Saying He Did  (Read 2254 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

The Washington Post has had to issue yet another retraction after falsely claiming that far-left Native American activist Nathan Phillips served in the Vietnam War. He didn’t — but this lie was previously used to help raise money for a documentary about his life.

On Monday, the Washington Post quietly issued a correction to their story about the activist, saying that while he served in the Marines, he was never deployed to Vietnam.

“Correction: Earlier versions of this story incorrectly said that Native American activist Nathan Phillips fought in the Vietnam War. Phillips served in the U.S. Marines from 1972 to 1976 but was never deployed to Vietnam,” the update reads.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/01/he-lied-native-american-activist-nathan-phillips-never-served-in-vietnam-but-raised-money-by-saying-he-did/

-----------

The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By James Varney - The Washington Times - Monday, January 21, 2019

Native American activist Nathan Phillips faces questions about reports that he’s a veteran of the Vietnam war.

According to multiple news accounts, the activist is 64 years old, which means he would have been 18 years old in 1973, the last year any U.S. combat units were stationed in Vietnam. Mr. Phillips also claims to be a Marine veteran, although the last Marine combat units left Vietnam in 1971.

A careful reading of Mr. Phillips‘ own descriptions does not make clear if he ever set foot in Vietnam. Instead, he has used much more careful language claiming he is a “Vietnam times veteran,” an ambiguous phrasing that led many media accounts to conclude he was a combat veteran.

Mr. Phillips could not be reached for comment Monday.

Nick Sandmann, who was in Washington, D.C. over the weekend as part of the March for Life, is the student caught on video wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat and facing Mr. Phillips. The encounter was virally framed as Nick “confronting” Mr. Phillips, although video from multiple sources and angles shows it was Mr. Phillips who initiated the contact and bewildered Nick.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jan/21/nathan-phillips-vietnam-veteran-status-question/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jpsb

The WP retracted its' claim that he was a nam vet.

Offline mrclose

I will be 67 next month.

I went to Nam right out of high school.

Left Nam at the end of 73 and shut the door on the way out!

The 'Indian' was born the same year as my brother.
This clown was no Nam vet ... unless he joined at the age of 15!
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If he lied about that.... he might also be as much of an Indian as Liz Warren
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
There is nothing in question.   He is a serial  liar and that's it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mrclose

There is nothing in question.   He is a serial  liar and that's it.

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline NavyCanDo

My "conservative" wife not being as astute to how the News manipulates stories fell for it hook line and sinker as did nearly all watchers of the news that night. Her comment to me after watching it was about how kids these days have no respect for the elderly. I only mentioned that because her reaction was the norm. The News got the reaction they wanted, damn the facts.  I did point out the real story to her later.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

My "conservative" wife not being as astute to how the News manipulates stories fell for it hook line and sinker as did nearly all watchers of the news that night. Her comment to me after watching it was about how kids these days have no respect for the elderly. I only mentioned that because her reaction was the norm. The News got the reaction they wanted, damn the facts.  I did point out the real story to her later.

Yes, but how many reacted as she did........... as they were led by the left to react.......... and have never had anyone to tell them the truth?

The libs I know are saying, well, maybe it's not true, but they're still racists.  :shrug:  But what of the innocent middle of the road folks, or even decent, caring conservatives who heard the story, believed it, and associate the Pro-life movement with racism?

This is so despicable.  SO despicable
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline dfwgator

Conservatives better start "waking up" and recognizing that there's a war on for the soul of this country.

Offline goatprairie

Yes, but how many reacted as she did........... as they were led by the left to react.......... and have never had anyone to tell them the truth?

The libs I know are saying, well, maybe it's not true, but they're still racists.  :shrug:  But what of the innocent middle of the road folks, or even decent, caring conservatives who heard the story, believed it, and associate the Pro-life movement with racism?

"but they're still racists."

The left now considers anybody to the right  of Stalin as being evil KKK/Nazis. So why would it be wrong to smear KKK members and Nazis?....they deserve it.
This is the kind of people we're living in the same country with now.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

It's the old "Fake, but accurate." Dan Rather/memo trick again.
Plant the image in people's heads, and despite the refutation of the reports, the emotional response sticks.
Emotional manipulation has been well studied by those in Hollywood and propagandists, and has gone prime time in the fake news of ABCNNBCBS, et. al.
It's the same gimmick used to invoke the ire of people who decry sexual misbehaviour, even if the allegations are false. Once the anger has surfaced, the truth has little meaning.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Conservatives better start "waking up" and recognizing that there's a war on for the soul of this country.
They'd be late to the party. There has been a war on for the soul of this country for my entire lifetime, and I remember JFK getting shot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

"but they're still racists."

The left now considers anybody to the right  of Stalin as being evil KKK/Nazis. So why would it be wrong to smear KKK members and Nazis?....they deserve it.
This is the kind of people we're living in the same country with now.
As I said on another thread my libtard Nephew and BIL said the same thing about me on Bookface. They have no idea how much restraint i showed not telling them exactly what I thought of both of them.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mountaineer

Here's some tweets. The first links to a video

Red Nation Rising   @RedNationRising

Listen to Chief Spreading Bull talk about being spit on and called a baby killer when he "came home"
https://twitter.com/i/status/1087899443628789761
Reality
●Never left U.S.
●AWOL THREE times in four years & was put in the brig for it
●Refrigerator repairman

9:26 PM - 22 Jan 2019

@RedNationRising
 10h10 hours ago

I respect those who served and serve in the USMC Reserve.
Nathan Phillips went AWOL three times and lied about being a Vietnam veteran.
He dishonors USMC Reservists. He does not deserve my respect.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It's the old "Fake, but accurate." Dan Rather/memo trick again.
Plant the image in people's heads, and despite the refutation of the reports, the emotional response sticks.
Emotional manipulation has been well studied by those in Hollywood and propagandists, and has gone prime time in the fake news of ABCNNBCBS, et. al.
It's the same gimmick used to invoke the ire of people who decry sexual misbehaviour, even if the allegations are false. Once the anger has surfaced, the truth has little meaning.

B I N G O ! ! !

It's happened right here on this forum more than once!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 02:38:01 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
They'd be late to the party. There has been a war on for the soul of this country for my entire lifetime, and I remember JFK getting shot.

There has been a war on for the sole of this country since before either of us was born and it's going to come to a head real soon IMHO!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If he lied about that.... he might also be as much of an Indian as Liz Warren

@The Ghost

No,you can look at him and tell he is an Indian. AFAIK,Indias are the only ones who have no facial hair. Just look at the poor excuse he has for a goatee and you will know he can't grow a beard or a mustache.

In fact he is probably about as close to being full-blooded as any  you are likely to meet.

BTW,if weeze all bees de sames as de Rev-Runds all claims,howcum Indians/Eskimos can't grow beards and alcoholic is basically toxic to them? There are many Asians that have trouble growing beards also,but I am not aware of any who react to alcohol like American Indians.

BTW-2:  If there were any people on Earth that you would think had the ability to grow beards it would be Eskimos.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 03:04:52 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

@The Ghost

No,you can look at him and tell he is an Indian. AFAIK,Indias are the only ones who have no facial hair. Just look at the poor excuse he has for a goatee and you will know he can't grow a beard or a mustache.

In fact he is probably about as close to being full-blooded as any  you are likely to meet.

BTW,if weeze all bees de sames as de Rev-Runds all claims,howcum Indians/Eskimos can't grow beards and alcoholic is basically toxic to them? There are many Asians that have trouble growing beards also,but I am not aware of any who react to alcohol like American Indians.

BTW-2:  If there were any people on Earth that you would think had the ability to grow beards it would be Eskimos.
I used to work on a food delivery truck. The truck driver  was half Indian (Winnebago). He said when one of his brothers got a little liquor in him,  he wanted to fight.  Fight anyone. And if nobody else was around, his brothers would do just fine.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I used to work on a food delivery truck. The truck driver  was half Indian (Winnebago). He said when one of his brothers got a little liquor in him,  he wanted to fight.  Fight anyone. And if nobody else was around, his brothers would do just fine.

@goatprairie

Nobody EVER accused drunken American Indians of not being willing to fight.

I used to sometimes go to an area called "4 Points" outside Lumberton,NC back when I first got to Ft.Bragg in the early 60's. That's where the Lumbee Indian tribe is located,and despite what you might have heard about the south of the 60's,full integration was on display at the "restaurant" at 4 Corners. First time I went there there was a girl giving a guy a BJ in the front seat of a car parked under the lights by the front door. When you went in you quickly learned the only food for sale there were pigs feet and potato chips. You could buy corn whisky by the soda or milkshake cup.

Look around,and there would be Lumbee,black,and white people all dancing with each other to the jukebox,in every possible racial combination you could think of. Things would often get "interesting" the closer it got to midnight. I was in there one Saturday night and somebody pulled a straight razor and disemboweled some guy for dancing with his sister or girlfriend. I never did get that one straight. They just called the rescue squad and send somebody out with a bucket and mop. Didn't even unplug the jukebox,and most people kept dancing.

The 82nd Abn Division put Lumberton off-limits to GI's when it got to the point they had to send more than 1 hospital bus at a time down there to bring back the injured on Sunday morning.

BUT......,if you were a young guy and you wanted to have a good time dancing,drinking,and wanted to get laid,that was the place to go. You just REALLY needed to make sure you didn't get drunk and kept an eye open for what was going on around you.

Was once invited to a house party after the joint closed,and damned if there wasn't a 1935 Ford 3 window coupe sitting inside the living room with 1948 Georgia plates on it. Sitting just like it was parked with old non-filtered Lucky Strike cigarettes in the ashtray,and both the car and the interior were spotless. The wheels had been taken off and the tires and tubes taken off the wheels,and both were mounted on pegs on the wall.

I must have driven all around the back roads around Lumberton trying to to find that place again in the daytime so I could buy that car. Never even got close. Come to find out everything looks different in broad daylight when you are sober,and the girl I had giving me directions that night had me a little distracted. Plus I had no idea I would ever want to go back on my way there.

Don't even remember leaving,so that was no help,either.

The story I got was there was a little money left owed on the car after they moved there from Georgia in 1948,so the owners decided to hide it in the house they were building,and the plan was to pay it off later. Then stuff happened,and it just sat there.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 04:11:12 pm by sneakypete »

Offline goatprairie

@goatprairie

Nobody EVER accused drunken American Indians of not being willing to fight.

I used to sometimes go to an area called "4 Points" outside Lumberton,NC back when I first got to Ft.Bragg in the early 60's. That's where the Lumbee Indian tribe is located,and despite what you might have heard about the south of the 60's,full integration was on display at the "restaurant" at 4 Corners. First time I went there there was a girl giving a guy a BJ in the front seat of a car parked under the lights by the front door. When you went in you quickly learned the only food for sale there were pigs feet and potato chips. You could buy corn whisky by the soda or milkshake cup.

Look around,and there would be Lumbee,black,and white people all dancing with each other to the jukebox,in every possible racial combination you could think of. Things would often get "interesting" the closer it got to midnight. I was in there one Saturday night and somebody pulled a straight razor and disemboweled some guy for dancing with his sister or girlfriend. I never did get that one straight. They just called the rescue squad and send somebody out with a bucket and mop. Didn't even unplug the jukebox,and most people kept dancing.

The 82nd Abn Division put Lumberton off-limits to GI's when it got to the point they had to send more than 1 hospital bus at a time down there to bring back the injured on Sunday morning.

BUT......,if you were a young guy and you wanted to have a good time dancing,drinking,and wanted to get laid,that was the place to go. You just REALLY needed to make sure you didn't get drunk and kept an eye open for what was going on around you.

Was once invited to a house party after the joint closed,and damned if there wasn't a 1935 Ford 3 window coupe sitting inside the living room with 1948 Georgia plates on it. Sitting just like it was parked with old non-filtered Lucky Strike cigarettes in the ashtray,and both the car and the interior were spotless. The wheels had been taken off and the tires and tubes taken off the wheels,and both were mounted on pegs on the wall.

I must have driven all around the back roads around Lumberton trying to to find that place again in the daytime so I could buy that car. Never even got close. Come to find out everything looks different in broad daylight when you are sober,and the girl I had giving me directions that night had me a little distracted. Plus I had no idea I would ever want to go back on my way there.

Don't even remember leaving,so that was no help,either.

The story I got was there was a little money left owed on the car after they moved there from Georgia in 1948,so the owners decided to hide it in the house they were building,and the plan was to pay it off later. Then stuff happened,and it just sat there.
Could they put it all back together if they wanted to?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Smokin' Joe wrote:
"There has been a war on for the soul of this country for my entire lifetime.."

Actually, there are TWO wars.

The first is the one the left has been fighting for a full century now.
The second is the one that islam is fighting.

The left has recently thrown its lot in with islam, thinking that they (the left) will emerge victorious.
islam, however, has other ideas...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Could they put it all back together if they wanted to?

@goatprarie

It wasn't apart. The only pieces off the car were the 4 wheels and tires. The car was sitting on blocks in what was then the living room,but had originally been the garage. I thought it was cool that you could sit in it and watch tv and pretend you were at the drive in. Car looked perfect in every respect. Even the factory pinstripe was there in perfect condition,and nothing was missing.

Drove me crazy trying to find it. 35-36 Ford 3 window coupes may be my all-time favorite car.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 11:09:07 pm by sneakypete »