Author Topic: Levin Praises Trump Over No-Amnesty Border Wall Proposal: 'He's Not a Foo  (Read 742 times)

rangerrebew

Levin Praises Trump Over No-Amnesty Border Wall Proposal: 'He's Not a Fool'

January 20, 2019

Fox News

Radio host Mark Levin praised President Trump on Sunday for his proposal border deal to congressional Democrats.

In exchange for the nearly $6 billion Trump has sought for border wall funding, the president offered Democrats a three-year protections extension for 700,000 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) recipients.

Levin, the host of Fox News' Life, Liberty & Levin, said that the key to Trump's proposal is that he offered no amnesty to illegal immigrants.

https://insider.foxnews.com/amp/article/64904

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline aligncare

My point won’t be about Levin or what he said.

My point here is that DACA kids (and that’s what many, many of them are) are not the lawbreakers here. Those young adults now, those that were brought here as minors, are innocent victims of a criminal act by an adult – their parent or parents, they are not themselves the perpetrators. Americans will not support punishing the children for the sins of the father (or mother), by deportations.

Americans will however support a solution for what to do about them, and it will be in some form of legal residency under DACA legislation.

JMHO. I’m quite certain that to some of you here, your mileage will vary.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
My point won’t be about Levin or what he said.

My point here is that DACA kids (and that’s what many, many of them are) are not the lawbreakers here. Those young adults now, those that were brought here as minors, are innocent victims of a criminal act by an adult – their parent or parents, they are not themselves the perpetrators. Americans will not support punishing the children for the sins of the father (or mother), by deportations.

Americans will however support a solution for what to do about them, and it will be in some form of legal residency under DACA legislation.

JMHO. I’m quite certain that to some of you here, your mileage will vary.

I actually agree with you on this. I feel this is a government created problem where it makes it impossible for those trapped in the system to get out of it. And no, we aren't sending DACA kids 'back' as there is no 'back' for them. My point above was Levin being all over the map on this, to the extreme.

Offline aligncare

I actually agree with you on this. I feel this is a government created problem where it makes it impossible for those trapped in the system to get out of it. And no, we aren't sending DACA kids 'back' as there is no 'back' for them. My point above was Levin being all over the map on this, to the extreme.

Yes, I understand. I wouldn’t try to defend someone else’s shifting positions. Mine? You bet I would. LOL

I just can’t bring myself to come down hard on the kids – I cannot. And I don’t understand why conservatives would. A little discernment is called for here.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
aligncare proposed:
"Americans will however support a solution for what to do about them, and it will be in some form of legal residency under DACA legislation."

Legal residency?
Perhaps.

But CITIZENSHIP?
NEVER!