Author Topic: Sue the Bastards!  (Read 630 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sue the Bastards!
« on: January 22, 2019, 03:59:19 pm »
 Posted on January 21, 2019 by John Hinderaker in Liberals
Sue the Bastards! [Updated]

Not all liberals are evil, but it is becoming increasingly clear that 21st-century liberalism is an evil ideology. It incites race hatred for political advantage. It tries to keep disadvantaged people down, so they will stay on the Democratic Party plantation. It lies about pretty much everything–for example, “police violence.” And liberals almost never debate public policy issues in time-honored fashion; rather, they try to destroy anyone who disagrees with them.

The Covington Catholic media scandal has brought these issues into sharp focus. Liberals, mostly but not exclusively–i.e., the Associated Press–on Twitter, have lied about the trivial encounter between a group of aggressive left-wing activists and some kids from Covington Catholic high school who attended the March For Life. The misrepresentation was one of the more egregious incidents of media lies that we have seen in recent years, as I wrote here.

So, what has happened since? The Associated Press has refused to correct its lies. Liberals have threatened the families of the kids from Covington Catholic with death. Liberals have written to colleges, urging them to reject any applications from Covington Catholic students. Liberals have explicitly urged that the lives of the kids who innocently attended the March For Life be destroyed. Twitter has had no problem with tweets calling for violence, as long as the violence is directed against conservative teenagers.

more
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/01/sue-the-bastards.php
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: Sue the Bastards!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 06:26:32 pm »
Lawyer Offers Covington Kids Free Representation And Warns NYT About ‘Obvious Libel’; People Line Up To Help

https://www.weaselzippers.us/408932-lawyer-for-covington-kids-threatens-to-sue-nyt-for-obvious-libel-people-line-up-to-help/
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 06:40:37 pm »
This is just one example of a much deeper problem. Even the Associated Press, which usually would be considered very neutral and professional, has gotten into the habit of rushing out stories. All the networks and agencies are trying to be the first with a story- to a fault. They no longer have the fact checking standards that they used to (2 verified sources, third party witness, etc). Being first is more important than being right.

And as news consumers, we have created this mess. While those like people here have enough discernment to wait on a story to see the full picture before reacting, most of the public, of all political stripes, are quick to react and share- often even only reacting to a headline, instead of researching themselves (or god forbid, holding off completely on making an opinion).

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 06:46:16 pm »
This is just one example of a much deeper problem. Even the Associated Press, which usually would be considered very neutral and professional, has gotten into the habit of rushing out stories. All the networks and agencies are trying to be the first with a story- to a fault. They no longer have the fact checking standards that they used to (2 verified sources, third party witness, etc). Being first is more important than being right.

And as news consumers, we have created this mess. While those like people here have enough discernment to wait on a story to see the full picture before reacting, most of the public, of all political stripes, are quick to react and share- often even only reacting to a headline, instead of researching themselves (or god forbid, holding off completely on making an opinion).

Adding to that, the other reason why these various news outlets and such are able to rush to press/air without any fact checking is because there are basically no consequences when they are wrong. I'd love to see a lawsuit or two filed in this case as a start to correcting that problem.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 07:08:45 pm »
Adding to that, the other reason why these various news outlets and such are able to rush to press/air without any fact checking is because there are basically no consequences when they are wrong. I'd love to see a lawsuit or two filed in this case as a start to correcting that problem.

There are dangers to that, also
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 07:33:37 pm »

Unfortunately the consumers and advertisers don't punish being incorrect. They only punish being perceived to be politically opposed. If you are incorrect, but they feel you are on  your side, they will support you no matter how wrong they are (again, on all sides of the political spectrum).

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 07:47:21 pm »
Unfortunately the consumers and advertisers don't punish being incorrect. They only punish being perceived to be politically opposed. If you are incorrect, but they feel you are on  your side, they will support you no matter how wrong they are (again, on all sides of the political spectrum).

Yes, agreed.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 08:03:13 pm »

"The issue is never the issue, the issue is always The Revolution."

Offline verga

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 09:04:21 pm »
BKMK
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.