Author Topic: Williams: Why Dems changed course on illegal immigration  (Read 713 times)

rangerrebew

Williams: Why Dems changed course on illegal immigration
« on: January 20, 2019, 02:53:04 pm »
 Williams: Why Dems changed course on illegal immigration

By Walter E Williams |
January 17, 2019 at 1:00 am

Here are a couple of easy immigration questions — answerable with a simple “yes” or “no” — we might ask any American of any political stripe: Does everyone in the world have a right to live in the U.S.? Do the American people have a right, through their elected representatives, to decide who has the right to immigrate to their country and under what conditions? I believe that most Americans, even today’s open-borders people, would answer “no” to the first question and “yes” to the second.

There’s nothing new about this vision. Americans have held this view throughout our history, during times when immigration laws were very restrictive and when they were more relaxed. Tucker Carlson, host of Fox News Channel’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” gives us an interesting history lesson about immigration at Prager University. It was prompted by his watching a group of protesters who were denouncing President Trump’s immigration policies. They were waving Mexican flags and shouting, “¡Si, se puede!” (“Yes, we can!”)

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/01/17/williams-why-dems-changed-course-on-illegal-immigration/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Williams: Why Dems changed course on illegal immigration
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 11:55:15 pm »
"Why Dems changed course on illegal immigration"

Votes.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 03:22:17 am »
 â€œÂ¡Si, se puede!”

Is sooo, like, last Administration.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 03:42:27 am »
Yhey saw the big opportunity available to them, starting with Reagan's 1986 Amnesty, GW Bush-McCain era push again for amnesty.

Guess who benefited from low wages?
It was not always this way.

In the 1960s during Regan's CA governorship, Cesar Chavez opposed illegal immigration (UFW-United Farm Worker Union) Chavez knew illegals drove wages down for his members.?

Largest Ag. producing state. GOP Govs Reagan,  Wilson, Deukmejian, Arnold.

Happy farm interests (huge corps), happy food consumers.

Hispanics afe dependable hard workers.

Service industries, hospitality, janitorial, fast food, construction.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 05:19:17 am »
Yhey saw the big opportunity available to them, starting with Reagan's 1986 Amnesty, GW Bush-McCain era push again for amnesty.

Guess who benefited from low wages?
It was not always this way.

In the 1960s during Regan's CA governorship, Cesar Chavez opposed illegal immigration (UFW-United Farm Worker Union) Chavez knew illegals drove wages down for his members.?

Largest Ag. producing state. GOP Govs Reagan,  Wilson, Deukmejian, Arnold.

Happy farm interests (huge corps), happy food consumers.

Just because Arnold ran and was elected as a republican you cannot count him as either a Republican or a conservative! He governed as a Gaia worshiping anti business, pro illegal kennedy wannabe, Teddy that is not JFK. Arnold is just another rich dick democrat that wants to tell us what we have to give up because of globull warming.

I don't know what you are doing here, being sarcastic or just over generalizing. Hispanics are no different than any other race, there are good, bad, lazy, hard working, enterprising, lackadaisical, smart, stupid, educated and ignorant, in other words they are just people. I have employed many and worked with many in fast food and several different trades and as long as they come in like my parents and millions of others..............legally, I really don't care unless they commit crimes.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 05:25:15 am by GtHawk »