Author Topic: Ann Coulter blasts Trump shutdown compromise: ‘We voted for Trump and got Jeb!’  (Read 2098 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ann Coulter blasts Trump shutdown compromise: ‘We voted for Trump and got Jeb!’
By Tal Axelrod - 01/19/19 04:56 PM EST

Conservative firebrand Ann Coulter blasted President Trump’s immigration proposal to end a partial government shutdown, suggesting the plan amounted to granting amnesty to undocumented immigrants.

“Trump proposes amnesty," Coulter tweeted. "We voted for Trump and got Jeb!”

Ann Coulter
✔
@AnnCoulter

Trump proposes amnesty.  We voted for Trump and got Jeb!
3:18 PM - Jan 19, 2019

Ann Coulter
✔
@AnnCoulter

100 miles of border wall in exchange for amnestying millions of illegals. So if we grant citizenship to a BILLION foreigners, maybe we can finally get a full border wall.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/426181-ann-coulter-blasts-trump-shutdown-compromise-we-voted-for-trump-and-got-jeb
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
She's right.  And Trump says that is initial and we will get the whole thing.  He must think we are stupid. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I get the impression she is no longer a fan.  Honestly, I don’t think this plan was ever proposed, with the intention it would really get bipartisan support.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
What did this screaming banshee hear that I didn't?

I heard two sets of temporary protection measures from deportation:
1.  for 700-800,000 DACA recipients, 3 years of legislative protection from deportation, same renewal program, work permits, etc.
2.  extend temporary deportation protection for 200-300,000 TPS individuals, 12-18 month renewals

Like I said, I may have missed something, but that is all that I heard on that front.

Online libertybele

I get the impression she is no longer a fan.  Honestly, I don’t think this plan was ever proposed, with the intention it would really get bipartisan support.

Sorry, but taking a risk with the sovereignty of this country is plain foolish and unacceptable.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
libertybelle....rest assured, once Trump is out of office, the NWO pukes will get right back to ending our sovereignty and lowering the standard of living in the USA to 3rd world nation status.

Offline Chosen Daughter

libertybelle....rest assured, once Trump is out of office, the NWO pukes will get right back to ending our sovereignty and lowering the standard of living in the USA to 3rd world nation status.

We already are.................

The Teens Trapped Between a Gang and the Law

On Long Island, unaccompanied minors are caught between the violence of MS-13 and the fear of deportation.

Excertp:

n September, 2016, Nisa Mickens and Kayla Cuevas, aged fifteen and sixteen, were found dead in Brentwood, killed with machetes and baseball bats and mutilated beyond recognition. Thirteen members of MS-13, seven of whom had come to the U.S. as unaccompanied minors, were charged in their deaths. Between the beginning of 2016 and May, 2017, authorities in Suffolk County attributed seventeen killings to MS-13, and the county’s police department identified at least eighty-nine gang members who were undocumented immigrants, thirty-nine of whom had been placed with family on Long Island by the federal government.

There are roughly four hundred MS-13 members in Suffolk County, which stretches from twenty miles outside New York City to the tip of Long Island, and comprises dense suburbs, vegetable farms, vineyards, and valuable beachfront real estate. Many of the victims of MS-13 on Long Island are immigrants themselves, and a large number of them came to the U.S. as unaccompanied minors. The gangsters and their victims live together in the same towns, go to the same schools, and vie for the same jobs; their lives are thoroughly enmeshed. (Some names in this article have been changed.)

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/01/01/the-teens-trapped-between-a-gang-and-the-law

Recommend reading the whole thing.  Very explanatory about what is going on in New York schools and neighborhoods. 

Chuck, there is no reason  for people to apply for asylum in America to escape gang violence.  New York is gang violence.

Nancy, how about San Francisco?

Reputed Mission District gang members indicted in 7 homicides in Richmond, SF 

Defendants tied to alleged gang-turf killings between 2006 and 2013

•Jonathan Aguilar, 31: two counts of murder; conspiracy to commit murder; conspiracy to commit assault with a dangerous weapon; use of a firearm causing murder;  RICO conspiracy
•Luis Cid-Salinas, 33: two counts of murder; two counts of use of a firearm causing murder
•Juan Carlos Gallardo, 29: murder; conspiracy to commit murder; conspiracy to commit assault with a dangerous weapon; RICO conspiracy
•Josue Gonzalez, 36: two counts of murder; conspiracy to commit murder; conspiracy to commit assault with a dangerous weapon; use of a firearm causing murder; RICO conspiracy
•Orlando Hernandez, 35: murder; use of a firearm causing murder
•Michael Rebolledo, 30: three counts of murder; conspiracy to commit murder; conspiracy to commit assault with a dangerous weapon; two counts of use of a firearm causing murder; RICO conspiracy
•Mario Reyes, 38: conspiracy to commit murder; conspiracy to commit assault with a dangerous weapon; RICO conspiracy
•Luis Rojas, 31: two counts of murder; conspiracy to commit murder; conspiracy to commit assault with a dangerous weapon; of use of a firearm causing murder; RICO conspiracy
•Eddy Urbina, 29: two counts of murder; conspiracy to commit murder; conspiracy to commit assault with a dangerous weapon; use of a firearm causing murder; RICO conspiracy
•Weston Venegas, 30: murder; use of a firearm causing murder

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/06/reputed-mission-district-gang-members-indicted-in-7-homicides-in-richmond-sf/
California as a whole Nancy?

Some of the most violent criminals at large today are illegal aliens. Yet in cities where the crime these aliens commit is highest, the police cannot use the most obvious tool to apprehend them: their immigration status. In Los Angeles, for example, dozens of members of a ruthless Salvadoran prison gang have sneaked back into town after having been deported for such crimes as murder, assault with a deadly weapon, and drug trafficking. Police officers know who they are and know that their mere presence in the country is a felony. Yet should a cop arrest an illegal gangbanger for felonious reentry, it is he who will be treated as a criminal, for violating the LAPD’s rule against enforcing immigration law.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/illegal-alien-crime-wave-12492.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/a-ticking-time-bomb-ms-13-threatens-a-middle-school-warn-teachers-parents-students/2018/06/11/7cfc7036-5a00-11e8-858f-12becb4d6067_story.html?utm_term=.8e1c9b027e07

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/03/nyregion/they-keep-finding-bodies-gang-violence-in-long-island-town-fuels-immigration-debate.html

So if they are coming to escape gang violence they might as well turn back.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 01:46:05 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Ann nailed it this time, Amnesty Trump... Gramnesty Trump, JeboTrumpo.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline kevindavis007

Why should we care what this skin and bones has been say?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Perhaps it is more about what she was referring too... Trump doing a Jeb amnesty Gang of 8 deal that Trump supporters used to condemn. I can't believe this is being tiptoed around by some of the more vocal Trump supporters.

The sad part is dims turned it down cause they figure they can get Trump to cave even further. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 10:53:31 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline verga

Is it at all possible that he is offering this as a "red herring" knowing full well that the Dimmies will turn it down. I then offers him the opportunity to turn around and say: "Hey I offered them an opportunity, they turned it down now we have to do this....." It puts the blame directly back on their shoulders. A couple more weeks and there are a lot of federal workers are going to be pounding on Demoncrat doors doors screaming "Make a F^&KING deal".
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ann nailed it this time, Amnesty Trump... Gramnesty Trump, JeboTrumpo.

No she did not  :laugh:

Offline edpc

Is it at all possible that he is offering this as a "red herring" knowing full well that the Dimmies will turn it down. I then offers him the opportunity to turn around and say: "Hey I offered them an opportunity, they turned it down now we have to do this....." It puts the blame directly back on their shoulders. A couple more weeks and there are a lot of federal workers are going to be pounding on Demoncrat doors doors screaming "Make a F^&KING deal".

Yes I don’t believe the offer was intended to be accepted and I think the Dems want him to declare the emergency. If he does, it’ll become a court issue, delayed for an undetermined amount of time and be out of his hands. It will be difficult to justify keeping the workers furloughed, once the declaration is made.

Offline kevindavis007

Perhaps it is more about what she was referring too... Trump doing a Jeb amnesty Gang of 8 deal that Trump supporters used to condemn. I can't believe this is being tiptoed around by some of the more vocal Trump supporters.

The sad part is dims turned it down cause they figure they can get Trump to cave even further.

It wasn't amnesty. The reality is this, people like Ann and other outrage pimps don't want a solution. If there is a solution there goes their gravy train.  I thought it was good deal. The Dems rejected it and now it is on their shoulders.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline edpc

It wasn't amnesty. The reality is this, people like Ann and other outrage pimps don't want a solution. If there is a solution there goes their gravy train.  I thought it was good deal. The Dems rejected it and now it is on their shoulders.

It's not a good deal, from the standpoint of concessions. In the Dem deal, they said 're-open the government, then trust us to negotiate in good faith over wall funding.' Nobody believes they will. In the same respect, Trump is saying 'give me my wall money and trust us to negotiate DACA in good faith, while temporary protections are in place.'

Notice the timeline is three years, which takes it off the table as a 2020 campaign issue. Both sides are positioning themselves to pull the rug out from under the other. Neither is objectively offering a 'deal' at all. An actual deal would be full wall funding for a path to citizenship for those under DACA. It's unacceptable for the base of both sides.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 10:34:32 pm by edpc »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
What did this screaming banshee hear that I didn't?

I heard two sets of temporary protection measures from deportation:
1.  for 700-800,000 DACA recipients, 3 years of legislative protection from deportation, same renewal program, work permits, etc.
2.  extend temporary deportation protection for 200-300,000 TPS individuals, 12-18 month renewals

Like I said, I may have missed something, but that is all that I heard on that front.

If you mean that skinny bitch desperately trying to be relevant again, you missed nothing and that was an incredibly cheap shot.

I will never give her any credence again.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

There's a possibility that he did offer it as a red herring, but there was nothing to lose.

If they accepted it, it would be a good thing.  Mission accomplished and shutdown over.

If they didn't, they will be outed as nasty, self-serving liberals who care more about taking Trump down than they do about the country.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Sorry, but taking a risk with the sovereignty of this country is plain foolish and unacceptable.

Your stubborn refusal to look at what was actually offered is unacceptable and self-defeating.

Offline Victoria33

@kevindavis
@Sighlass

Ann Coulter has Marfan Syndrome. This was told to me some years ago by someone who has Marfan (she was also a registered nurse and knew Coulter had it).  I guess there are not a lot of people with this, so ones who have it know those who also have it.

Marfan Syndrone is inherited in most people.

Physical Traits in People With Marfan Syndrome
A tall, thin build; long arms, legs, fingers, and toes and flexible joints
Scoliosis, or curvature of the spine
A chest that sinks in or sticks out
Crowded teeth
Flat feet

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Now Ann, that's not fair. You got Jeb on the border stuff. But you got Jimmy Carter on Tariffs and 2nd Amendment issues.

Offline RoosGirl

Ann Coulter blasts Trump shutdown compromise: ‘We voted for Trump and got Jeb!’
By Tal Axelrod - 01/19/19 04:56 PM EST

Conservative firebrand Ann Coulter blasted President Trump’s immigration proposal to end a partial government shutdown, suggesting the plan amounted to granting amnesty to undocumented immigrants.

“Trump proposes amnesty," Coulter tweeted. "We voted for Trump and got Jeb!”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/426181-ann-coulter-blasts-trump-shutdown-compromise-we-voted-for-trump-and-got-jeb

Nonsense.  If anyone really listened to what Trump said during the campaign, and read his campaign website, they would know he is offering exactly what he proposed back then.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Exactly and I think Michelle Malkin nailed it too when she re-tweeted this.:

Michelle Malkin‏Verified accountï‚™ @michellemalkin · 23h23 hours ago 

Michelle Malkin Retweeted Karen Travers

Dios mio. Pelosi Sin Fronteras is not satisfied with immediate amnesty for 1 million illegal aliens in exchange for 230 miles of wall at some future date.

I think what would happen is the minute Democrats get what they want they would go directly to their activist judges to stop the wall.

Furthermore the numbers that Trump threw out on DACA do not seem accurate.  What about their families?  Are they going to stay?  Are they going to bring more family members? 

I say we need to secure the border first and then decide on people already in the country.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 09:24:46 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline verga

If they didn't, they will be outed as nasty, self-serving liberals who care more about taking Trump down than they do about the country.
Thereby confirming everything we already knew. If only the rest of the world would see it.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Chosen Daughter

It's not a good deal, from the standpoint of concessions. In the Dem deal, they said 're-open the government, then trust us to negotiate in good faith over wall funding.' Nobody believes they will. In the same respect, Trump is saying 'give me my wall money and trust us to negotiate DACA in good faith, while temporary protections are in place.' Notice the timeline is three years, which takes it odd the table as a 2020 campaign issue. Both sides are positioning themselves to pull the rug out from under the other. Neither is objectively offering a 'deal' at all. An actual deal would be full wall funding for a path to citizenship for those under DACA. It's unacceptable for the base of both sides.

I can see clearly now the rain has gone............  The picture is clear.  They are playing politics for 2020.

Offline edpc

I can see clearly now the rain has gone............  The picture is clear.  They are playing politics for 2020.

Of course. It's the same continuous story. Just pick an issue....guns, abortion, healthcare, entitlement reform, immigration....neither side really wants a solution. That's their bread and butter for fundraising and campaigning.