Author Topic: Stephen Colbert On Gillette Commercial: 'I Was Sincerely Moved By This Ad'  (Read 641 times)

rangerrebew

Stephen Colbert On Gillette Commercial: 'I Was Sincerely Moved By This Ad'
Chris Menahan

Jan. 17, 2019

Late night comedian Stephen Colbert said Wednesday that he was "sincerely moved" by Gillette's widely-panned ad on "toxic masculinity."

After making a corny joke about how their ad was "cutting edge," Colbert took a serious tone.

"I was sincerely moved by this ad," Colbert said. "Especially the kids at the end."

Though Colbert had nothing negative to say about the ad itself, he did criticize our "public institutions" for failing to teach us "moral lessons" like those in the Gillette ad.

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=59685

rangerrebew

That's because he's a wimp *ss. :cheerlead:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I think I had a different sort of movement. Gillette has fine competitors who could use the business I might have given Gillette.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online goatprairie

I think many people had a movement after seeing the stupid ad. Probably not the kind of movement Gillette had in mind although they occurred in a bathroom.  :whistle:

Offline Frank Cannon

If this pansy fruit is moved by this lame ad, he must have had full out crying sessions for those Massengill Douche ads....

Sorry...