Author Topic: Shock Poll: Trump Gains 19 Points with Latino Voters During Border Wall Shutdown  (Read 1130 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Shock Poll: Trump Gains 19 Points with Latino Voters During Border Wall Shutdown
by Caleb Howe | Jan 17th, 2019, 4:10 pm

In the latest NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll released Thursday, President Donald Trump may have suffered some among Republicans overall, but he saw a huge point gain in a different demographic breakdown, and an unexpected one by conventional wisdom.

In early December, the poll had Trump’s approval rating among Latino adults at 31%.

more
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/shock-poll-trump-gains-19-points-with-latino-voters-during-border-wall-shutdown/?fbclid=IwAR3KhDO7h8l7ODSlz1GdBPavbKHesAIdp3DjrEAyrzsoZvz6E-3-f3S6U_4
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:08:33 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Not surprising.  I am guessing that even people who themselves came illegally years ago realize that there is a limit.  They probably worry about their jobs too.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Shock Poll: Trump Gains 19 Points with Latino Voters During Border Wall Shutdown
by Caleb Howe | Jan 17th, 2019, 4:10 pm

In the latest NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll released Thursday, President Donald Trump may have suffered some among Republicans overall, but he saw a huge point gain in a different demographic breakdown, and an unexpected one by conventional wisdom.

In early December, the poll had Trump’s approval rating among Latino adults at 31%.

more
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/shock-poll-trump-gains-19-points-with-latino-voters-during-border-wall-shutdown/?fbclid=IwAR3KhDO7h8l7ODSlz1GdBPavbKHesAIdp3DjrEAyrzsoZvz6E-3-f3S6U_4

Polls aren't that reliable but that was a dramatic increase, and, if true, shows that latinos who are legally here want border control as much as the rest of us.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Mesaclone

Until more polling supports this, I'd take it as a likely outlier...at least, in terms of the degree of the shift. Generally, it would not be surprising that Latinos were becoming more opposed to unrestrained immigration...many first generation, blue collar Latino workers are being forced into job competition with this new wave of immigrants. That forces wages downward and makes work harder to find...so its in their interest to oppose the Dems desire for unlimited immigration.

One would think major polling services would be racing to sample Latino's on this issue...because of this represents a genuine trend, it is front page news.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline bilo

Not surprising.  I am guessing that even people who themselves came illegally years ago realize that there is a limit.  They probably worry about their jobs too.

Also, I would bet they don't want their American citizen children to be marginalized by the unending flow of illegals.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

During the French revolution, and all through out the regimes of communist countries, the government sent out police spies to impose justice against those it did not deem sufficiently enthusiastic.  When the President threatens a national emergency and shows he is not above using his office to punish his enemies...Well, I wouldn't reveal my true opinion about Trump to a voice on the other end of the phone.

Offline Mesaclone

During the French revolution, and all through out the regimes of communist countries, the government sent out police spies, suborned State law enforcement agencies to undermine political opponents, and to impose justice against those it did not deem sufficiently enthusiastic.  When the President threatens a national emergency and shows he is not above using his office to punish his enemies...Well, I wouldn't reveal my true opinion about Obama to a voice on the other end of the phone.

Two small changes and your statement went from complete fantasy, to simple recorded history.

Two small changes and your statement went from complete fantasy, to simple recorded history.
Yeah.  That made it better. :boring:

Offline Mesaclone

Yeah.  That made it better. :boring:

I don't know about better...that's subjective. My corrections simply made it objectively correct.

I don't know about better...that's subjective. My corrections simply made it objectively correct.
<yawn>

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

At this point, I think it's better to put @Once-Ler on ignore and stop trying to reason with him.

He's posting frantically now and disagreeing unpleasantly on every subject from immigrants to prayer rugs.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Until more polling supports this, I'd take it as a likely outlier...at least, in terms of the degree of the shift. Generally, it would not be surprising that Latinos were becoming more opposed to unrestrained immigration...many first generation, blue collar Latino workers are being forced into job competition with this new wave of immigrants. That forces wages downward and makes work harder to find...so its in their interest to oppose the Dems desire for unlimited immigration.

One would think major polling services would be racing to sample Latino's on this issue...because of this represents a genuine trend, it is front page news.

I'm afraid you're right about this poll.  However, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually represents the true feelings of legal immigrants, most of whom are fairly conservative and want to be Americans.

At this point, I think it's better to put @Once-Ler on ignore and stop trying to reason with him.
Sounds great @Emjay  :thumbsup: