Author Topic: Law Professor Offers Blistering Critique of Kamala Harris’s Career as a Prosecutor  (Read 589 times)

Online mountaineer

Law Professor Offers Blistering Critique of Kamala Harris’s Career as a Prosecutor
By NTK Staff
University of San Francisco law professor Lara Bazelon wrote a blistering op-ed in the New York Times Thursday focused on the prosecutorial career of potential 2020 Democratic presidential nominee, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA).

Harris expected to announce she’s running for president this weekend. She arrived in the U.S. Senate in 2017 after serving as the attorney general in California, and before that she was the district attorney of San Francisco.

During that career, Bazelon argues that Harris routinely demonstrated poor judgment. She provides a laundry list of evidence, but here’s a brief overview:
    Time after time, when progressives urged her to embrace criminal justice reforms as a district attorney and then the state’s attorney general, Ms. Harris opposed them or stayed silent. Most troubling, Ms. Harris fought tooth and nail to uphold wrongful convictions that had been secured through official misconduct that included evidence tampering, false testimony and the suppression of crucial information by prosecutors.
... Perhaps even more concerning are Bazelon’s examples of Harris vigorously fighting for wrongful convictions, sometimes winning on mere technicalities. ...
Read entire article at NTK Network
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Let me do my impression of Kamala Harris:

Kamala: Yeah toxic man, you think you're tough don't you? You think you're tough, standing there, acting all bad, spreading your toxic manhood all around, especially toward women. I bet you like that don't you, bullying, terrorizing, berating women. I bet you've beat on women all your life, abused them, murdered them.

Man: I live in a remote area of the northwest. You are the first person I've spoken to in 10 years. I'm unmarried and have no children. I was standing in line getting my first cup of coffee in a decade.

Kamala: Oh, so you're a lone bomber type, crazy guy, gonna blow us all up. Domestic terrorist. I bet you've blown up alot of people, killed and maimed.

Man: As I said, I haven't talked to anyone in 10 years...

Kamala: I'm calling the police on you and having you thrown in jail, then I'm going to throw the book at you.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

You know her too well!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"University of San Francisco law professor Lara Bazelon wrote a blistering op-ed in the New York Times Thursday focused on the prosecutorial career of potential 2020 Democratic presidential nominee, Sen. Kamala Harris"

The only reason the Times is running a story like this is because they intend to promote someone else (guess who?) in 2020.

Perhaps they were even TOLD to run it.