Author Topic: Graham Says It Is Time For Trump To Use ‘Emergency Powers’ To Build The Wall  (Read 418 times)

rangerrebew

Graham Says It Is Time For Trump To Use ‘Emergency Powers’ To Build The Wall

By Daily Caller | January 11, 2019 9:15AM

Henry Rodgers on January 10, 2019

Republican South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham said it is time for President Donald Trump to use emergency powers to build a wall or barrier on the southern border Thursday evening.

As Trump traveled to the southern border to meet with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials to discuss border security, Graham has been trying to lobby members of Congress to come to an agreement on a bill that would fund the government and protect the borders.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/lindsey-graham-national-emergency/?utm_campaign=TPI_Afternoon_Newsletter_1_11_2019&utm_source=criticalimpact&utm_medium=email&utm_content=4371d3fdbb69c3b8a6473c7b9fa19141&source=CI

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Graham has become Trump's bulldog, a rock hard conservative ally.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If Graham is suddenly so solidly behind this, either he has had an epiphany, or he is up to something.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

If Graham is suddenly so solidly behind this, either he has had an epiphany, or he is up to something.

I don't trust the guy either. As a past critic he's been far too solicitous of Trump lately.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Is Lindsey Grahmnesty having an attack of sanity? Or trying to get Trump to over extend?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Smokin Joe

Is Lindsey Grahmnesty having an attack of sanity? Or trying to get Trump to over extend?
I guess my question is one of how this could be used against Trump.

If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

But there is the remote possibility that Graham has realized just how utterly disgusted many Republicans are with the Incumbents in Congress who pissed away their chances to accomplish significant repairs to the Republic, including some specific issues that voters are passionate about. (The Wall, Repeal Obamacare, Hillary in irons...etc.)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Or perhaps the guy who was holding him hostage(blackmailing him) is no longer around.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

Or perhaps the guy who was holding him hostage(blackmailing him) is no longer around.
Now, that could be.  :pondering:

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Lindsey doesn't take a dump with out 1st consulting the polls.

I think he decided to get out ahead of an issue for a change.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.