Author Topic: Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report  (Read 450 times)

rangerrebew

Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report
« on: January 07, 2019, 01:40:47 pm »

Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report

FluView: A Weekly Influenza Surveillance Report Prepared by the Influenza Division
2018-2019 Influenza Season Week 52 ending December 29, 2018

All data are preliminary and may change as more reports are received.

An overview of the CDC influenza surveillance system, including methodology and detailed descriptions of each data component, is available at http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/overview.htm.,
Synopsis:

Influenza activity in the United States is increasing. Influenza A(H1N1)pdm09, influenza A(H3N2), and influenza B viruses continue to co-circulate. Below is a summary of the key influenza indicators for the week ending December 29, 2018:

Viral Surveillance: The percentage of respiratory specimens testing positive for influenza viruses in clinical laboratories is increasing. Influenza A viruses have predominated in the United States since the beginning of October. Influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 viruses have predominated in most areas of the country, however influenza A(H3) viruses have predominated in the southeastern United States (HHS Region 4).

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

Offline thackney

Re: Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 01:54:19 pm »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Victoria33

Re: Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 02:58:29 pm »
@thackney
@mystery-ak
@Freya

I live in Texas. One winter, either 2011 or 2012, the government CDC (center for disease control), came to my town to a hospital 3 miles from my house.  Four or five people were in the hospital and two had died and another was critical.  After the CDC tested for flu It was the first cases in the nation of one of the serious flu bugs. 

Those people lived in my town.  There were two major grocery companies in town, Walmart and Kroger both on the street where I lived two blocks from Kroger and less than a mile from Walmart.  Those dead and barely hanging onto life people most likely would have been in those stores.  Germs live on grocery cart handles.  Also, a woman I knew who lived in a town next to mine, also died of this flu. Due to the fact I can't take a flu shot, and my age, I self quarantined, stayed in my house and used my emergency supplies until no more in this county were in the hospital due to that flu and the CDC numbers of flu were no longer listed for my area.

My doc gave me, in the past two years, a new pneumonia shot that is safe for me to have as the makeup of it is not like the old one. He still will not give me a flu shot.  I am seriously allergic to iodine, can't have it on my skin or in me.  All my skin turns red, I have nausea and chills for three days.  I have a certain prescription pill always with me in case I accidentally come in contact with iodine. In a test I was given a bit of iodine under the skin on my right arm.  If you are right handed like me, don't take a shot in that arm. It ate into my arm almost to the bone and had to heal from the inside out.  It was so gross looking, I covered it with a bandage as I was a school counselor helping to register kids for a junior high school.  That place on my arm looked like I was injecting illegal drugs under my skin.  This is the end of my story about the flu and being allergic to iodine.  If you can't take a pneumonia shot, check with your doc about this new pneumonia shot.