Author Topic: Get ready for the big Democratic gun control push  (Read 353 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Get ready for the big Democratic gun control push
« on: January 06, 2019, 07:23:04 pm »
Get ready for the big Democratic gun control push

Jazz ShawPosted at 11:01 am on January 6, 2019

Now that Nancy Pelosi has the Speaker’s gavel back in her hands, what will the first order of business be in the House? Ending the shutdown? Infrastructure? Healthcare? Nope. Aside from impeachment (which came up on day one), the first item on their list is gun control. I know… I know… you’re about to faint from shock. But the package they’ve assembled and plan to introduce on Tuesday isn’t nearly as broad and intrusive as many in the Democratic base might desire. In fact, the only confirmed detail in this plan is another move to expand background checks. (WaPo)

House lawmakers are planning to roll out a measure on Tuesday that would require universal background checks for nearly all firearms purchases, as House Democrats attempt to make good on their pledge to address gun control with their new majority.

The proposal, headlined by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Gun Violence Prevention Task Force Chairman Rep. Mike Thompson (D-Calif.), is a bipartisan measure, with Rep. Peter T. King (D-N.Y.) (sic) serving as the lead Republican co-sponsor. According to an aide familiar with the package, the existence of which was previously reported in Politico, it will seek to impose universal background checks for the purchase and transfer of firearms, with some exceptions for hunting and family, but will not address an assault weapons ban.

more
https://hotair.com/archives/2019/01/06/get-ready-big-democratic-gun-control-push/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Get ready for the big Democratic gun control push
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 08:28:33 pm »
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/04/house-dems-gun-background-checks-bill-1081476

The Democratic proposal would require federal background checks on all gun sales, including private transactions. There will be some small exemptions to those checks, such as transfers between family members, or temporary use of a gun for hunting.

Of course they are not talking about how they would detect and punish non-compliance.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 08:29:49 pm »
I think we have finally reached the point where the headlines need to read "clean and oil your guns,because it is almost time to march to DC and take our nation back."

The left,and their bitches in the RNC are going to get pushy with gun control over the next two years.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 08:30:26 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 10:55:28 pm »
I think we have finally reached the point where the headlines need to read "clean and oil your guns,because it is almost time to march to DC and take our nation back."

The left,and their bitches in the RNC are going to get pushy with gun control over the next two years.

I think the words "lock 'n load and don't retreat" bare repeating.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 11:38:59 pm »
As was apparent last March, this is something Trump would impulsively support. He’ll need advisors who aren’t afraid to challenge him on this one.

“He wants to see what that legislation, the final piece of it looks like,” she told reporters at the White House. “Universal means something different to a lot of people. He certainly wants to focus and improve on the background check system.”

-snip-

During the Wednesday meeting, Trump appeared to agree with Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), who said that “Americans want universal background checks.”

“You have a different president now,” Trump told the senator. “You went through a lot of presidents and you didn't get it done. You have a different president. And I think, maybe, you have a different attitude, too. I think people want to get it done.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376415-wh-reverses-trump-support-for-universal-gun-background-checks
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 11:40:12 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.