Author Topic: Why ballot harvesting must be made illegal.  (Read 537 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Why ballot harvesting must be made illegal.
« on: January 05, 2019, 01:38:33 am »
Larry Elder said this article was at LarryElder.com , found it, he said the Hispanic vote for instance, in California over 4 years grew by over 900%, I mean, this is phenomenal stuff and he cited this article.

December 14, 2018
Why ballot harvesting must be made illegal.

Unlike Stacey Abrams, the Democrat sore loser in Georgia; Bill Nelson, the Democrat sore loser in Florida; Hillary Clinton and her Year 2016 Democrat sore losers; and Al Gore and his Year 2000 Democrat sore losers, I accept that the Democrats have obtained the House seats they flipped in Orange County and elsewhere in California after tons of come-from-behind votes were tallied many days after Election Day. This article therefore looks ahead to infinity and beyond. In particular, all fifty states rapidly must act to ban ballot harvesting.

Sifting Through the Mystery of a Blue House Wave in a Still-Republican Blood-Orange County

I live in Orange County. It is so conservative-red here that I call it Blood-Orange County. I have been persuaded that the number count is accurate. (For this I acknowledge the input of several including those whom I will identify as DJB, Adam P, Steven Greenhut, and Stuart P.) But I also know that this Orange County, with the exception of one predominantly Latino community in Santa Ana, continues to be conservative red and Blood-Orange County, notwithstanding the Democrats’ House flips.

Yes, “the O.C.” is not as broadly conservative as it was half a century ago. And as someone acutely aware of the echo… echo… echo chambers in which leftists cocoon themselves on America’s campuses, in Hollywood, on Broadway, in pseudo-“journalism,” and in other such venues, I am self-aware enough to ask myself: “Is it perhaps only within my own circles here that conservatism flourishes?” Yet I am satisfied to answer that my impressionistic perceptions are validated by my surroundings, daily encounters, and by public political activity here. It is in the people whom I encounter randomly and daily, but otherwise would not know: at the supermarket and drug store, at the coffee house, the people I randomly encounter while walking to synagogue on the Sabbath Day. I recognize it in Peter who frames art work beautifully for my home, in John who has been my handyman for fifteen years and who purchases my congregation’s chametz every Passover, in the man who is my electrician, in my plumber, in the guy who zaps the spiders and ants. Nick comes to paint, and we discuss Reagan politics. Most of my doctors. They all are conservative Republicans. I meet their customers and patrons at their stores — primarily conservative. I do not pick them for their politics; they just all happen to be Republicans because that is the local demographic here in Blood-Orange County.

Read more at: https://spectator.org/the-great-presumption/

Sounds like highway robbery.

Offline skeeter

Re: Why ballot harvesting must be made illegal.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 01:48:28 am »
After all their come from behind, Election day + 10 wins in Orange County the rats are out there claiming a national mandate.

Hilarious.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 03:37:24 pm »
Mail in ballots, early voting, casting conditional ballots.  There is absolutely no need for ballot harvesting.  It presents many opportunities for fraud and I am convinced harvests ballots from people who otherwise wouldn't care enough to vote.  If you can't arouse your self enough to make arrangements to vote, you should have no voice.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 12:41:03 am »
Ballot harvesting has gotten a foothold in California.

It will NEVER be gotten rid of there, short of military action by The United States against the state of California...

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 06:58:03 pm »
The feds could pass a law refusing to seat any Senator or Representative elected in a state that recognizes ballot harvesting.

At this point, given the current composition of the House, that would probably not be doable, but if the GOP ever gets control of all Congress again, it would in theory be doable.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024