Author Topic: Hundreds of TSA screeners calling out sick at major airports  (Read 1951 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Hundreds of TSA screeners calling out sick at major airports
« on: January 05, 2019, 12:26:40 am »
At New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport, as many as 170 TSA employees have called out each day this week, Thomas tells CNN. Officers from a morning shift were required to work extra hours to cover the gaps.

Call outs have increased by 200%-300% at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, where typically 25 to 30 TSA employees call out from an average shift according to a local TSA official familiar with the situation.

Union officials stress that the absences are not part of an organized action, but believe the number of people calling out will likely increase.

(excerpt)
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/04/politics/shutdown-tsa-screening/index.html
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Axeslinger

Re: Hundreds of TSA screeners calling out sick at major airports
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 12:37:11 am »
WAIT A DAMN SECOND!!!!

25-30 call out sick ON EACH F’ING SHIFT?!?   And that’s thought to be acceptable?

Shut the whole damn thing down other than the military...
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 12:43:39 am »
"Union officials", we may have found the vector for  these 'illnesses'.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 12:46:46 am »
What ever will I do if I am not felt up by a TSA homo when I fly Monday.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 12:53:17 am »

You'll wait in line and miss your flight until the one TSA homo that didn't call in sick gets his feelies on ya.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 12:55:01 am »
WAIT A DAMN SECOND!!!!

25-30 call out sick ON EACH F’ING SHIFT?!?   And that’s thought to be acceptable?

Shut the whole damn thing down other than the military...

Hmmm

The military going to build the wall, they gonna be in the airports, and BTW they are deployed throughout the world...

Back when I was in, near the peak during Vietnam there were 2.7 million, I think the number is now 1.1 million..

As usual lots of talk but no body's to back it up... :shrug:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 12:55:14 am »
You'll wait in line and miss your flight until the one TSA homo that didn't call in sick gets his feelies on ya.

Oh Joy...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 01:03:32 am »
Union officials stress that the absences are not part of an organized action, but believe the number of people calling out will likely increase.

Well if they are not part of your unions actions what good are you? Your part in collective bargaining is making sure your stooges show up and do their jobs.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 01:04:20 am by Amb. Frank Cannon »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 01:03:47 am »
Fork over the $85 & apply for Pre TSA status.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 01:05:16 am »
Fork over the $85 & apply for Pre TSA status.

It was a rhetorical question. 333cleo

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2019, 01:08:06 am »
Hmmm

The military going to build the wall, they gonna be in the airports, and BTW they are deployed throughout the world...

Back when I was in, near the peak during Vietnam there were 2.7 million, I think the number is now 1.1 million..

As usual lots of talk but no body's to back it up... :shrug:

@montanajoe

No I meant shut the whole damn govt down other than the military, not have them do TSAs job!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 01:10:02 am by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2019, 01:17:46 am »
Wow, how dare people demand to get paid for work. Are they suppose to work for free??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2019, 01:20:16 am »
Wow, how dare people demand to get paid for work. Are they suppose to work for free??

Yes they are. You want a do nothing govt' job this is part of it.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2019, 01:25:15 am »

Back the Dem Plant boat up dude.  You need to step off.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2019, 01:27:44 am »

How about 25-30 of them don’t call in sick every shift, irrespective of the shutdown!

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2019, 01:36:27 am »
@montanajoe

No I meant shut the whole damn govt down other than the military, not have them do TSAs job!

@Axeslinger

I suppose for you that works for you... but when people are not getting their refunds next month, when the little towns dependent on tourists and their sales tax dollars are ghost towns,  when you can't get a passport, when you can't bid on oil leases, when all those "non essential" employees in the INS, secret service etc finally say this is enough..

Well good luck with that.. :shrug:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 02:05:01 am by montanajoe »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2019, 01:42:28 am »
@kevindavis
@mystery-ak 

Yes, TSA employees are not getting paid.  Here is one who said:

"It’s hard, because people have bills to pay,” said one officer, who wished to go by only his last name, Watts. “If you have spouses, family, friends that can help you stay aboard until you get your pay, it’s really not too harsh. But everybody is not in that same boat.”

If they have automatic withdrawals from their bank to pay for electricity, water, gas, etc., they are getting bank charges for overdrawing their account.

I think Trump just lost the next presidential election when he said he could keep the government shut down for months and years.  That statement will be used against him as it says he does not care about people, just wants his name on a wall even though 800,000 people can't pay their bills and he doesn't care one bit about them.  Those 800,000 people and their families, and their friends, and other people knowing he only cares for himself, will not vote for him again.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2019, 01:43:16 am »
How about 25-30 of them don’t call in sick every shift, irrespective of the shutdown!

Sorry, if I'm at a job that doesn't pay me, I'm not working period.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2019, 01:46:08 am »

Sorry, if I'm at a job that doesn't pay me, I'm not working period.

Do you sleep with Dexter? 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2019, 02:27:19 am »
Thanks, W, for not demanding this be privatized to begin with.

Fire all of them if not sick.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2019, 02:28:04 am »
Yes they are. You want a do nothing govt' job this is part of it.

Well Frank if you have ever been in a Federal govt building, without being in custody, one of those do nuthngs fed janitors is just gonna let your sh*t float and they won't be there to give you a plunger.... :shrug:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2019, 02:52:33 am »
Well Frank if you have ever been in a Federal govt building, without being in custody, one of those do nuthngs fed janitors is just gonna let your sh*t float and they won't be there to give you a plunger.... :shrug:

Should we open the doors to the Fed pens and let the inmates go free too because their keepers aren't getting paid right now?

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2019, 07:31:01 am »
Should we open the doors to the Fed pens and let the inmates go free too because their keepers aren't getting paid right now?

Naw just gotta watch out for Frank... :police:

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2019, 12:24:48 pm »
Did this House vote on a budget  or a Continuation Bill yet?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2019, 01:17:29 pm »

If the government is still taking taxes out of your paycheck, then it ain't shut down.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-