Author Topic: Democrats denounce Trump’s suggestion to direct military funding toward border wall  (Read 627 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats denounce Trump’s suggestion to direct military funding toward border wall
by Diana Stancy Correll
 | January 04, 2019 07:05 PM

Democrats in the House and Senate denounced President Trump’s suggestion Friday that military funding could be used for a border wall if he declared a national emergency, a move that would allow him to bypass congressional approval.

“I am adamantly opposed to President Trump using an unwise, weak, and irresponsible legal gimmick to circumvent Congress and the American people’s opposition to using taxpayer money for the construction of an unnecessary wall,” House Armed Services Committee Chairman Adam Smith, D-Wash., said in a statement Friday.

“This is as clear a statement as any that President Trump values the construction of his wall over military readiness and support for our troops and their families,” Smith said.

Smith claimed redirecting the funds would be a blow to servicemembers, and to various defense projects that enhance readiness, training, operations, among other things.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/democrats-denounce-trumps-suggestion-to-direct-military-funding-toward-border-wall
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Trump has them all in a tizzy.  The rats don't know whether to scratch their watches  or wind their asses.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Trump has them all in a tizzy.  The rats don't know whether to scratch their watches  or wind their asses.
888high58888 excellent!!!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Show me someone or something they won't denounce.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline RetBobbyMI

They were silent all the time Obozo used “legal” gimmicks. Turn about is fair play.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Show me someone or something they won't denounce.
Now that's too easy.................Bathhouse Barry Obama and Hillary Cankles  Clinton