Author Topic: Trump worried he'll 'look foolish' by accepting Democrats' proposal to reopen government  (Read 931 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump worried he'll 'look foolish' by accepting Democrats' proposal to reopen government
by Diana Stancy Correll
 | January 02, 2019 07:35 PM

President Trump has rejected Democrats' offer to at least temporarily fund agencies including the Department of Homeland Security because he claims he would look silly, according to a new report.

Trump — who has been embroiled in a dispute with Democrats over border security — met with a bipartisan group of lawmakers on Wednesday and claimed he "would look foolish” if he accepted Democrats’ proposal to end the partial shutdown, CNN reports. Democrats are planning to introduce two spending bills this week, one of which would allow Homeland Security to operate at 2018 levels until Feb. 8.

According to CNN, Trump’s comment came after Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., repeatedly pressed Trump on why he refused to accept the plan. In total, nine federal government departments have been closed since last month as a result of the partial shutdown.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-worried-hell-look-foolish-by-accepting-democrats-proposal-to-reopen-government
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
by The Washington Examiner, "...according to a new report"

According to CNN.

These bullshit threads are tiring.  And the number of overall replies are Exhibit A.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

According to CNN.

These bullshit threads are tiring.  And the number of overall replies are Exhibit A.

I see the WE is not any good now....why don't you post some threads that are acceptable...I'm going over to The Hill now..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I think that Trump is probably responding to the reaction by Republicans to the constant reports from his own administration he is negotiating the wall away.

CNN reports this today:

https://start.att.net/player/category/news/article/cnn-burnett_trump_backstabbing_his_vice_president-cnn2
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

According to CNN.

I like to see articles from a lot of different sources. Even the leftist propaganda sites.  I will point out articles from "Think Progress" as bullshit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline montanajoe

Obviously fake news Trump never tires of looking foolish..... :shrug:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I see the WE is not any good now....why don't you post some threads that are acceptable...I'm going over to The Hill now..

I just know you are.   Own it.

PS:  It's the WE....but the source used by them is CNN.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 06:21:49 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

I just know you are.   Own it.

PS:  It's the WE....but the source is used by them is CNN.

What matters is this is what's being fed to the liberal leftist mental midgets who believe all this crap...they are foaming at the mouths waiting now for the impeachment process to begin.  The wall never getting built, amnesty, DACA and will do ANYTHING to ensure that Trump is a one term president.

IF the Senate doesn't support this President and he caves on the wall, he will be a one term president and the GOP will lose even more seats in 2020.

Yes, not only would he look foolish if he caves on the wall, but he will have given all of the Trumpers the middle finger.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Remember the ‘fake news’ about Trump saying ‘shithole’ countries? Later on, we found it was actually ’shithouse’ countries. So, you can believe he said something equivalent to ‘It would make me look foolish.’
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.