Author Topic: When Do Legal Immigrants Get to 'Speak Out'?  (Read 408 times)

rangerrebew

When Do Legal Immigrants Get to 'Speak Out'?
« on: January 03, 2019, 12:21:31 pm »
January 3, 2019
When Do Legal Immigrants Get to 'Speak Out'?
By Robert Oscar Lopez

I went to El Salvador last year.  This commentary explains how the experience finally reconciled me with the conservative position on immigration.  I emphasize the pain caused to a beautiful people, the Salvadorans, by their living in a state not like Jesus in Egypt, but more like the Babylonian captivity of the Old Testament.  Sometimes history presents lose-lose scenarios where a trend has no winners. Illegal immigration belongs in such a category.

Since the Washington Post and the New York Times will never cover what I learned, I will "speak out" here.  I hope it does some good.

Immigration is emotional

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/01/when_do_legal_immigrants_get_to_speak_out.html#ixzz5bXwWAezD

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: When Do Legal Immigrants Get to 'Speak Out'?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 12:44:24 pm »
Great article, thanks! What a life story, and I hope people who have come here legally and jumped through the hoops speak out more.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: When Do Legal Immigrants Get to 'Speak Out'?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 05:25:54 am »
Excellent!
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com