Author Topic: Poll: Republicans overwhelmingly support Trump in shutdown  (Read 656 times)

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
Poll: Republicans overwhelmingly support Trump in shutdown
« on: January 03, 2019, 09:32:09 am »
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/poll-republicans-overwhelmingly-support-trump-in-shutdown

A huge majority of the Republican Party supports President Trump's handling of the partial government shutdown, according to a Huffington Post/YouGov poll released Thursday.

The poll reveals some deep divisions between Republican and Democratic voters.

A total of 84 percent of Republicans — 64 percent of whom strongly approve and 20 percent who somewhat approve — support Trump's refusal to accept a funding bill that does not include more than $5 billion for enhancing security operations at the U.S.-Mexico border.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 09:33:58 am by Skeptic »
I won't accept.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Poll: Republicans overwhelmingly support Trump in shutdown
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 03:14:00 pm »
Of course they do.  That was evident when he was campaigning.  Americans elected him for border security.

But what is weird is the conflicting information coming from the Administration.  I heard Mulvaney say on video they were negotiating 2.1 billion.  Then there is Vice President Pence who is also selling that number to Congress, but Trump says no.

https://start.att.net/player/category/news/article/cnn-burnett_trump_backstabbing_his_vice_president-cnn2

Nothing consistent comes from this administration.  What is happening?  Are Trump and Pence now divided?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline bilo

Re: Poll: Republicans overwhelmingly support Trump in shutdown
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 03:22:19 pm »
Of course they do.  That was evident when he was campaigning.  Americans elected him for border security.

But what is weird is the conflicting information coming from the Administration.  I heard Mulvaney say on video they were negotiating 2.1 billion.  Then there is Vice President Pence who is also selling that number to Congress, but Trump says no.

https://start.att.net/player/category/news/article/cnn-burnett_trump_backstabbing_his_vice_president-cnn2

Nothing consistent comes from this administration.  What is happening?  Are Trump and Pence now divided?

From day one this has been an issue for the Trump Admn. Trump is not a politician and that is a big part of his popularity. He makes all kinds of mistakes, especially talking "off the cuff" and responding too quickly to critics. All that being said, he does recognize when he makes a mistake and he heard his base on this issue loud and clear. I think he recognizes everything is on the line now. He has to win on this or he's done.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home