Author Topic: Dems unveil rules package to promote diversity, hit deficit  (Read 512 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems unveil rules package to promote diversity, hit deficit
« on: January 02, 2019, 06:13:00 pm »
Dems unveil rules package to promote diversity, hit deficit
By Naomi Jagoda - 01/02/19 12:27 PM EST

House Democrats have unveiled a package of new rules for the upcoming Congress that aim to promote diversity and attack the deficit.

The rules package would explicitly ban discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity and would allow people to wear religious headgear in the House chamber. It would also create a House Financial Services subcommittee on diversity in the financial services industry.

The House is expected to vote on the package on Thursday, after the new Democratic majority is sworn in and the House elects a new speaker.

Some of the budgetary rules provoked quick criticism from the left, which argued a “PAYGO” provision requiring a point of order against any bill that raised the deficit or reduced a surplus could make it harder to pass legislation on health care and other issues.

The rule can be waived, and bills designated as emergencies are exempt.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/423517-dems-unveil-rules-package-to-promote-diversity-hit-deficit
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Dems unveil rules package to promote diversity, hit deficit
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 06:13:58 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 06:24:43 pm »
More irrelevant bullshit that is meaningless.

I do find it amusing though that Pelosi is making a bigger deal out of the deficit than that fagot Paul Ryan could ever bother to muster.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 08:34:10 pm »
More irrelevant bullshit that is meaningless.

I do find it amusing though that Pelosi is making a bigger deal out of the deficit than that fagot Paul Ryan could ever bother to muster.

It will make me feel so good to see pink hats and burkas on the floor of Congress.  Progress!!!
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 10:48:59 pm »
It will make me feel so good to see pink hats and burkas on the floor of Congress.  Progress!!!

I'm loving' seeing Occasional-Cortex start a cat fight with Botox Nan.

When the enemy turns on itself, . . . get out of the way and applaud both sides!
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com