Author Topic: Yosemite National Park partially closes after visitors poop on road during government shutdown  (Read 804 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yosemite National Park partially closes after visitors poop on road during government shutdown
By Ella Torres
| NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
Jan 01, 2019

This government shutdown really stinks.

Parts of California’s Yosemite National Park were forced to close after visitors began using the side of the road as a toilet. Bathrooms in the park haven’t been open since the partial shutdown of the federal government began on Dec. 22.

Hetch Hetchy and Mariposa Grove were among the areas that closed “due to lack of restrooms and resulting impacts from human waste,” the park announced Sunday.

With little staff to tend to Yosemite, overflowing garbage, illegal off-roading and other damaging behaviors have also slammed the scenic region.

"It's a free-for-all," Dakota Snider, 24, who lives and works in Yosemite Valley, told the Associated Press. "It's so heartbreaking. There is more trash and human waste and disregard for the rules than I've seen in my four years living here.”

In past years, the parks have closed during a government shutdown. However the Trump administration chose to keep them open to visitors despite lack of staff -- a decision that may have lasting effects.

“We're afraid that we're going to start seeing significant damage to the natural resources in parks and potentially to historic and other cultural artifacts," John Garder, senior budget director of the nonprofit National Parks Conservation Association, told the Associated Press. "We're concerned there'll be impacts to visitors' safety. It's really a nightmare scenario."

more
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-news-yosemite-national-park-closes-poop-government-shutdown-20190101-story.html?outputType=amp
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It's California.
Let the crap pile up as high as El Capitan.
Who cares?

(hey... could it then be named "El Crapitan" ???)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
You mean this is NOT being caused by lack of properly funded Govt Poop Enforcement Agents because of that mean old Trump?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
No one had the foresight to bring a garbage bag in case....?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis