Author Topic: Iraqi warplanes strike Islamic State leaders in Syria: military  (Read 662 times)

rangerrebew

Iraqi warplanes strike Islamic State leaders in Syria: military
« on: January 02, 2019, 12:41:43 pm »
Iraqi warplanes strike Islamic State leaders in Syria: military

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraqi warplanes hit a meeting of Islamic State leaders near Deir al-Zor in Syria on Monday, destroying the building they were gathered in, the military said in a statement, without giving further details about the militants targeted.

The statement said F-16 fighter jets carried out the raid around al-Sousa village in eastern Syria, as “30 leaders from Daesh (Islamic State) gangs” met in the building.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-iraq-syria/iraqi-warplanes-strike-islamic-state-leaders-in-syria-military-idUSKCN1OU0MP
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 12:42:29 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Iraqi warplanes strike Islamic State leaders in Syria: military
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 01:16:30 pm »
It sure looks like the majority of the middle east has labeled ISIS an enemy and are stepping up to the plate.

Let's remember to salute them on the way out.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 02:36:10 pm »
It sure looks like the majority of the middle east has labeled ISIS an enemy and are stepping up to the plate.

Let's remember to salute them on the way out.
Yep, and then let them solve their own problem.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 04:33:22 pm »

And kill each other like they have done for thousands of years in the name of Allah.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 04:41:19 pm »

I don't mind our intel guys feeding them target info though. Its the least we could do.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 05:15:39 pm »
I don't mind our intel guys feeding them target info though. Its the least we could do.

That would violate the "Prime Directive" by interfering with the internal and natural development of inferior civilizations.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.