Author Topic: Trump slams McChrystal amid criticism from retired general  (Read 1011 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump slams McChrystal amid criticism from retired general
« on: January 01, 2019, 04:10:37 pm »
Trump slams McChrystal amid criticism from retired general
By Brett Samuels - 01/01/19 10:59 AM EST

President Trump on Tuesday targeted retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal with a string of personal attacks after the former leader of U.S. operations in Afghanistan called the president "immoral" and dishonest.

"'General' McChrystal got fired like a dog by Obama. Last assignment a total bust. Known for big, dumb mouth. Hillary lover!" Trump tweeted on New Year's Day.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/423400-trump-slams-mcchrystal-amid-criticism-from-retired-general
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Trump slams McChrystal amid criticism from retired general
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 04:51:55 pm »
Some Rolling Stone reporting on McChrystal, sounds like he referred to Biden at "Bite Me".

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/the-runaway-general-the-profile-that-brought-down-mcchrystal-192609/

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 06:07:46 pm »
Maybe McChrystal is an exception but to me, these are the wrong places to go alienating people.

Whether one agrees with the Syrian decision or not, it is roundly and widely seen as folly altogether and Trump's statements about "fake news" and so on, seem shallow. I've been supportive of him but this matter is a difficult one and Trump seems to be the only one who thinks he is right. Maybe he is, if he is claiming this is in keeping with campaign promises to bring our soldiers back.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 06:58:02 pm »
In all candor, I'm not real impressed with the caliber of men in the retired generals club.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 07:45:39 pm »
In all candor, I'm not real impressed with the caliber of men in the retired generals club.

I can remember when retired generals kept their mouths shut.  That needs to return.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 07:48:08 pm »
Maybe McChrystal is an exception but to me, these are the wrong places to go alienating people.

Whether one agrees with the Syrian decision or not, it is roundly and widely seen as folly altogether and Trump's statements about "fake news" and so on, seem shallow. I've been supportive of him but this matter is a difficult one and Trump seems to be the only one who thinks he is right. Maybe he is, if he is claiming this is in keeping with campaign promises to bring our soldiers back.

I don't see the Syrian decision as folly at all.  Trump looked at the reality of the situation over there and made a good decision.  What benefit has actually come from the USA's attempts to protect and save the world?  The Middle East will not change for hundreds of years.  Too much inbred tribalism and stupidity.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 08:53:15 pm »
The Pentagon is a 5 sided building in DC and what else?
It's home base for the military which is part of the Political Establishment.
Anyone who does not understand this or refuses to accept it, should wake up.
As such, it contains members who promote agendas which aid and abet the
careers of those who serve in the military. Does this this make them bad people?
Certainly not, as this is what members of any establishment do.
Suggest those who want to beatify/canonize every one who wore a uniform, get real.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 06:37:47 am by Absalom »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 09:12:58 pm »
I don't see the Syrian decision as folly at all.  Trump looked at the reality of the situation over there and made a good decision.  What benefit has actually come from the USA's attempts to protect and save the world?  The Middle East will not change for hundreds of years.  Too much inbred tribalism and stupidity.

You do realize that you are advocating abandoning Christians who were not nearly as persecuted pre-2003? Because they have stated the same pretty much, stay until the situation is better stabilized, ISIS is beaten, Turkey is a threat. The articles have been posted in the world news forum. They have gone from a population of 3,000,000 before the Bush administration to less than 1,000,000 now.  And, that in lands, Christians lived in for two thousand years.

https://mobile.twitter.com/abdbozkurt/status/1078925563253927936

Time to do the right thing, not what was done under Bush and Obama.

Same for the ground war and the Kurds who spilled bloid, Christians too, to defeat ISIS who again may never have come about without prior actions.

I will go with Senators Cotton, Ernst, Graham, all 3 vets by the way,  Rubio, Sasse, Menendez, Representative Will Hurd and countless others as knowing and understanding  the situation vs not knowing anything about is.

Trump declared victory but no victory could have come about without our partners. Sounds like you don't know much about the situation, "tribal", "Muslims"? "Inbred". What a laugher.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 09:34:46 pm by TomSea »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 09:22:36 pm »
I can remember when retired generals kept their mouths shut.  That needs to return.

888high58888
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 09:26:20 pm »
"'General' McChrystal got fired like a dog by Obama. Last assignment a total bust.

Sounds a bit like Flynn.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 09:33:37 pm »
You do realize that you are advocating abandoning Christians who were not nearly as persecuted pre-2003? Because they have stated the same pretty much. The articles have been posted in the world news forum. They have gone from a population of 3,000,000 before the Bush administration to less than 1,000,000 now.  And, that in lands, Christians lived in for two thousand years.

Same for the ground war and the Kurds who spilled bloid, Christians too, to defeat ISIS who again may never have come about without prior actions. 

Then your time @TomSea might be better spent petitioning Congress to declare war against pretty much every nation in the Middle East.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2019, 09:37:08 pm »
Then your time @TomSea might be better spent petitioning Congress to declare war against pretty much every nation in the Middle East.

According to Mark Levin, we don't need to declare war.  Why aren't you saying the same about Yemen?  Or is the US not going to step on bin Salman's robes. That one is okay then? It'd be nice to be consistent. 

Also, we are staying 4 months, so, you may not even be up on the news, Trump changed his decision. Kawabunga.

"Why are we over there?", to fight ISIS. I didn't ask this. We have not invaded any country.

Representative Tom Garrett speaks of Christian persecution in the Middle East
Sorry...

Thank goodness, Representative Tom Garrett, Republican-Virginia and others got things straight. Listen to someone who knows what he's talking about.

Declare war on terrorists? Does someone actually know what is going on?

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 09:51:38 pm by TomSea »