Author Topic: Federal workers union sues Trump admin over government shutdown  (Read 513 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Federal workers union sues Trump admin over government shutdown
« on: December 31, 2018, 10:30:11 pm »
Federal workers union sues Trump admin over government shutdown
By Owen Daughtery - 12/31/18 04:28 PM EST

One of the country’s largest unions representing federal workers is suing the Trump administration over the government shutdown, claiming that it is illegal to require employees to work without pay.

The American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) union released a statement on Monday announcing its lawsuit as the shutdown stretches past a week.

The lawsuit, filed in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, alleges that the federal government is in violation of the law by requiring some federal workers, many of which are represented by the union, to work without pay during the shutdown.

“Our members put their lives on the line to keep our country safe,” J. David Cox Sr., president of AFGE, said in the release. “Requiring them to work without pay is nothing short of inhumane. Positions that are considered ‘essential’ during a government shutdown are some of the most dangerous jobs in the federal government.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/423359-federal-workers-union-sues-trump-admin-over-government-shutdown
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Federal workers union sues Trump admin over government shutdown
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 10:32:47 pm »
I'm sure some judge will agree.  It is how RATs roll these days. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 10:39:25 pm »
I'm sure some judge will agree.  It is how RATs roll these days.

But they aren't working without pay. Their pay is simply deferred. Now if they really weren't being paid the Democrats would be at the table to make a deal. But is all just lies.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 10:54:41 pm »
Trump should rescind executive order 10988.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 11:01:54 pm »
AFGE could dig into their coffers and relieve the workers until things are up and running. Just sayin’.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 11:03:44 pm »
The lawsuit comes just days after the Trump administration issued an executive order to freeze federal workers’ pay after the new year. The proposal to cancel a 2.1 percent pay increase was first announced in August.

This right here is what these worthless sacks of shit are really upset about.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 11:09:40 pm »
Federal workers are already paid 30%-50% more than any equivalent job in the private commercial world. And that is not counting their vacations, holidays, and gold star benefits that nobody outside of government gets. Not only should they have a pay freeze, they should have a pay reduction to bring them in line with the national average for the same job.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.