Author Topic: Armed man arrested on way to Texas church to fulfill a 'prophecy'  (Read 829 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Armed man arrested on way to Texas church to fulfill a 'prophecy'
He was carrying the loaded weapon, extra ammunition and a face shield, according to police.
Dec. 31, 2018 / 3:23 AM CST
By Associated Press

SEGUIN, Texas — An armed man wearing police tactical-style clothing who said he was on his way to a church to fulfill "a prophecy" was arrested in suburban San Antonio on Sunday.

Seguin police say a passer-by who saw the man carrying a handgun notified authorities.

Read more at: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/armed-man-arrested-way-texas-church-fulfill-prophecy-n953216

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Armed man arrested on way to Texas church to fulfill a 'prophecy'
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 12:15:55 pm »
I wonder if the prophesy he was rushing to fulfill included serious jail time or being remanded to Mental Health.....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 12:24:25 pm »
He must have thought there was no reason to be inconspicuous, since his mission was ordained by God himself.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 12:44:44 pm »
He must have thought there was no reason to be inconspicuous, since his mission was ordained by God himself.

I am glad we're making fun of this guy instead of offering prayers for families, in any case.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 02:27:03 pm »
This, my friends, is why your church needs an armed security team.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 02:31:28 pm »
This, my friends, is why your church needs an armed security team.

And other general parishioners who carry.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 02:33:22 pm »
Of all the places in America to walk into a place thinking you are going to shoot people, Texas is not a wise choice. He's lucky he didn't get shot himself. He must have wimped out went the Cops show up, or else he would be dead. Doing something like that in Texas is not without consequences.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 02:43:34 pm »
I am glad we're making fun of this guy instead of offering prayers for families, in any case.

Yes, thank goodness. Seguin  is a relatively small town.  That is likely the reason a person saw him with a gun.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 02:45:13 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 02:47:12 pm »

Amen to that!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 05:03:10 pm »
And other general parishioners who carry.
True, but it certainly would help the security team to know who's carrying. We're learning what to do in case of emergency, whereas a member of the congregation who doesn't know the protocol might shoot prematurely.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline thackney

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 12:18:41 am »
True, but it certainly would help the security team to know who's carrying. We're learning what to do in case of emergency, whereas a member of the congregation who doesn't know the protocol might shoot prematurely.

I think there is likely a member of any decent sized Texas congregation armed.  Any church security team better keep that in their plans.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2019, 12:22:48 am »
I saw someone who looked like a cop until he was right up in my face, this morning before sunrise. In fact, the crooks are trying to look like cops and the cops are trying to look like crooks. Straights are flabbergasted over the confusion. Must be a C.I.A. thing.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 12:23:24 am by Skeptic »
I won't accept.

Offline verga

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2019, 01:08:07 pm »
Thank God for small favors.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.