Author Topic: Retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal wouldn't work for 'immoral' Trump  (Read 656 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal wouldn't work for 'immoral' Trump
by Daniel Chaitin
 | December 30, 2018 10:33 AM

Retired four-star Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal said there is no way he could work for an "immoral" person like President Trump.

The former top commander of U.S. and international forces in Afghanistan was asked if he would accept a job in the Trump administration during an interview on ABC's "This Week" that aired Sunday.

"I'd say no. It's important for me to work for people I think are basically honest, who tell the truth as best they know it," he replied.

Host Martha Raddatz also asked if he believes Trump is "a liar."

"I don't think he tells the truth," he replied.

After 34 years in the U.S. Army, McChrystal was forced to resign in 2010 by former President Barack Obama after the publication of a Rolling Stone article that quoted members of his staff criticizing the then-president's team. He later said he "accepted responsibility" for the actions of his team even though he noted that the article didn't offer a "fair depiction."

In his interview with ABC, McChrystal also offered words of caution to anyone who might replace outgoing Defense Secretary Jim Mattis.

"I think maybe it causes the American people to take pause and say, wait a minute, if we have someone who is as selfless and as committed as Jim Mattis resign his position, walking away from all the responsibility he feels for every service member in our forces and he does so in a public way like that, we ought to stop and say, 'Okay, why did he do it?,'" McChrystal said.

Mattis' resignation earlier this month was prompted by Trump's decision to pull troops out of Syria.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/retired-gen-stanley-mcchrystal-wouldnt-work-for-immoral-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: Retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal wouldn't work for 'immoral' Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 04:44:06 pm »
So I guess that means he doesn’t trust LTG Flynn, who was his long time right hand man for intell, now that he plead guilty to lying?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline jpsb

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 05:01:36 pm »
So I guess that means he doesn’t trust LTG Flynn, who was his long time right hand man for intell, now that he plead guilty to lying?

He is a nation building neocon, Trump doesn't need anymore neocons in his administration.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 06:47:02 pm »
So, what makes him think Trump would ask? Sounds like another aspenhole that saw an opportunity for face time.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 08:43:07 pm »
Riddle me this Batman, why is it that liberals, the supposed ardent defenders of secular Separation-Of-Church-And-State society, always use religious/moralistic terms like moral/immoral, evil, right/wrong, etc., while denying an actual religious person the use of those very same terms?

Why is that? Hmmmm. Hmmmm. (strokes beard)
The Republic is lost.