Author Topic: Walmart, Costco, Kroger, Publix and Albertson’s all receive failing grades for selling meats loaded  (Read 1921 times)

rangerrebew

Walmart, Costco, Kroger, Publix and Albertson’s all receive failing grades for selling meats loaded with antibiotics

Sunday, May 28, 2017 by: Frances Bloomfield   

(Natural News) If you’re regular at Costco or Kroger, avoid buying the chicken next time. Alongside Albertson’s/Safeway, Publix, and Walmart, these massive grocers failed when it came to selling antibiotic-free chicken to the public. All five retailers fell short in a survey conducted by the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC), reported OrganicAuthority.com. Each one received a grade of “D” when it came to their lack of progress on the promotion of antibiotic practices, and their inability to provide antibiotic-free chicken offerings.

For their survey, the NRDC looked at the retailers’ branches in Charlotte, Chicago, Houston, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, and Philadelphia. The NRDC selected these cities to represent the country’s four census regions. These locations were then graded according to the following categories: policy (20 points), consumer education at point of purchase (five points), brand score antibiotic use (20 points), and brand score certification (10 points). The raw total of these categories was 55 points, and each grocer scored as such: Walmart received 20.9 points (38 percent), Albertson’s/Safeway received 21.5 points (39 percent), Publix received 21 points (38 percent), Kroger received 18.4 points (33 percent), and Costco received 22 points (40 percent).

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-05-28-walmart-costco-kroger-grocery-chains-failing-grade-antibiotics-meat.html

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If you want to avoid that crap, go to Aldi's. They're a leader in selling that kind of thing at reasonable prices. And there are others.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
If you want to avoid that crap, go to Aldi's. They're a leader in selling that kind of thing at reasonable prices. And there are others.

By "that kind of thing," you mean selling "antibiotic-free chicken?"

FYI Aldi is German, and also owns Trader Joe's

My wife uses a circuit of stores, and Aldi's is one of them. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
By "that kind of thing," you mean selling "antibiotic-free chicken?"

FYI Aldi is German, and also owns Trader Joe's

My wife uses a circuit of stores, and Aldi's is one of them.

Chicken, grass fed beef, many organic items. Trader Joes is an even better example.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Applewood

Well, if you have a choice, go to the market that has what you want.  Where I live, I have just one supermarket, so I pretty much have to buy whatever it has.  I don't drive and I can't waste time, money and effort to travel so far away to shop. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
in a survey conducted by the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
Those guys have all the credibility of PETA.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Natural news reporting fake news.  Choking their chickens again.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goodwithagun

Aldi’s is good. If you can, google a local farmer. We have a guy who was born and raised into the meat business and earned an Ag degree from Ohio State. A few years ago he threw out his upbringing and his degree and went uncertified organic. Local grass fed meat is like tasting meat for the first time. And the eggs . . . omg the eggs! Orange yolks that stand up from the whites. It’s truly mouthwatering, it’s not that much more than the supermarket, and your money stays local.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline corbe

I quit eating Red Meat in 2015 when Trump began his rally's. ****slapping
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline goodwithagun

I quit eating Red Meat in 2015 when Trump began his rally's. ****slapping

I start radiation in a couple of weeks and it looks like my appointments will coincide with an 80 some year old MAGA. He’s got the gear from head to toe and talks so loud about MAGA that it’s almost funny, until the racism sets in. God forbid a black person get taken back for treatment before a white person whose already in the waiting room. Full disclosure: Everybody has an appointment, so it’s not based on line number. He literally blames cancer on LIB-ruls, COM-uh-nists, and HIL-ruh. He also loves GMO seeds for his garden over the hippy heirloom seeds. Do I tell him the truth about about Monsanto  :shrug:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline corbe

I follow up with my oncologist on 1/2 if I'm diagnosed with the Big 'C' I would hope like hell that I'm on a parallel track with a vocal Trumper, I will ensure that he's more miserable than I am, like I do some 'similar thinking' Briefers here.

Good Luck my friend. I'm optimistic that I just have an aggressive yeast infection, from too much beer.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline goodwithagun

I follow up with my oncologist on 1/2 if I'm diagnosed with the Big 'C' I would hope like hell that I'm on a parallel track with a vocal Trumper, I will ensure that he's more miserable than I am, like I do some 'similar thinking' Briefers here.

Good Luck my friend. I'm optimistic that I just have an aggressive yeast infection, from too much beer.

:0001:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline mirraflake

We go in with another family every year and buy a cow from a local farmer who we trust and we split the meat.

It's cheaper and more conveinent  but  one year the freezer broke while we was out of town and lost 2/3 of it.

We also vacuum form most of the better cuts to protect from freezer burn so it is some work.

Offline mirraflake

. And the eggs . . . omg the eggs! Orange yolks that stand up from the whites. It’s truly mouthwatering, it’s not that much more than the supermarket, and your money stays local.

We buy our eggs from a local farmer who free ranges  the chicks and yes the store bought eggs do not compare.
Took a while to get past the funky color for me though.

@goodwithagun

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Aldi’s is good. If you can, google a local farmer. We have a guy who was born and raised into the meat business and earned an Ag degree from Ohio State. A few years ago he threw out his upbringing and his degree and went uncertified organic. Local grass fed meat is like tasting meat for the first time. And the eggs . . . omg the eggs! Orange yolks that stand up from the whites. It’s truly mouthwatering, it’s not that much more than the supermarket, and your money stays local.

Bug eggs is what we call them.
The Republic is lost.

Offline berdie

My fil had chickens that he fed corn.  Best darn eggs I ever ate.  He also had some that laid a light clue colored egg.

When my husband was alive we always bought show calves.  Free range and very deeelish!!