Author Topic: Embattled Federal Reserve chairman tells White House officials he'll meet face-to-face with Trump in  (Read 635 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Embattled Federal Reserve chairman tells White House officials he'll meet face-to-face with Trump in bid to end feud that left stock markets reeling over fears president will fire him

Dow Jones closed up 1,086.25 points, or 4.98 per cent, on Wednesday
    It was the stock index's largest single-day points gain in U.S. history
    Follows biggest-ever Christmas Eve plunge for markets on Monday
    White House officials tried to soothe fears over Trump's fury at Federal Reserve
    He's upset about rate hikes and reportedly said he wanted to fire the fed chair
    Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell is now telling the White House that he'd be willing to meet with President Trump to discuss their differences

By Francesca Chambers, White House Correspondent For Dailymail.com and Wires

Published: 09:32 EST, 27 December 2018 | Updated: 13:36 EST, 27 December 2018

The president and the federal reserve chairman have been on an untenable collision course that has delved into the murky waters of whether the nation's chief executive has the authority to fire the head of the United States' central banking system. 

Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell is now telling the White House that he'd be willing to meet with President Trump to discuss his concerns about the independent agency's rate hikes, the Wall Street Journal reports. 

A face-to-face chat with Powell could quell some of the president's anger about the Fed policies that Trump blames for the dramatic stock losses an instability in the market, despite a sustained unemployment rate of 4.1 percent or less over the last 14 months.

'A meeting between the two should be helpful,' Larry Kudlow, head of the president's economic, told the Journal. 'Right now, their relationship is like a stock looking for a bottom. There’s only upside.' 

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6532761/Embattled-Federal-Reserve-chairman-tells-White-House-officials-hell-meet-face-face-Trump.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Tell this cretin to show us Where in the Constitution his entire operation even exists.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I love how those that bash every word that Trump says for being too crude, blunt and ill-timed, have turned a blind eye to Powells very smooth and professional remarks that knocked a fifth of the value off the market.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline corbe

It'd be more entertaining if he'd just open up a Twitter account.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I love how those that bash every word that Trump says for being too crude, blunt and ill-timed, have turned a blind eye to Powells very smooth and professional remarks that knocked a fifth of the value off the market.

I don't blame Powell for doing what the Fed's been telling us for years it would do.  I blame Bernanke/Yellen for pumping things up so far and so long.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I don't blame Powell for doing what the Fed's been telling us for years it would do.  I blame Bernanke/Yellen for pumping things up so far and so long.

I don't disagree. But that's the problem with the F-Trump crowd. Powell can do this and it's the blind eye. Trump does this and he's an unhinged, power mad orange dictator.

It just kind of exposes their ratty, tattered little cottage industry.
The Republic is lost.