Author Topic: Egyptology And Technology  (Read 701 times)

rangerrebew

Egyptology And Technology
« on: December 27, 2018, 04:38:46 pm »
Dec 23, 2018, 11:04pm
Egyptology And Technology
Julian Vigo

When I hear of people going to Egypt “on holiday” I am always surprised to hear of those who spend their entire time in the Valley of the Kings in Luxor or on Memphis Tours through which the tourist is shown an Egypt long ago vanished. While the sphinxes overlooking Luxor and the pyramids of Giza are as much a part of Egypt’s vast history as is Om Kalthoum’s voice or Naguib Mahfouz’ stories, I cannot help but think that recent history would capture the attention of tourists at least as much as the search of the tomb of Queen Nefertiti. Perhaps it is that I have difficulty in focussing uniquely on Egypt’s past over its very rich present as I would much rather pass on the pyramids than on a serving of koshari (street food made of rice, lentils, pasta and chickpeas topped with a spicy dakka sauce and fried onions). After all, what do ancient mummies and hidden tombs have to do with the Egyptian revolution of 2011 or the massive urban and political symbolism Tahrir
Julian Vigo

https://www.forbes.com/sites/julianvigo/2018/12/23/egyptology-and-technology/#6caa666630dd
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 04:41:47 pm by rangerrebew »