Author Topic: Trump: ‘Most of the people not getting paid’ in shutdown are Democrats  (Read 1780 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: ‘Most of the people not getting paid’ in shutdown are Democrats
By Tal Axelrod - 12/27/18 07:43 AM EST

President Trump early Thursday resumed his feud with Democrats on Capitol Hill over funding for a border wall, claiming that most of the hundreds of thousands of federal employees furloughed or forced to work without pay due to a partial government shutdown are Democrats.

“Have the Democrats finally realized that we desperately need Border Security and a Wall on the Southern Border. Need to stop Drugs, Human Trafficking, Gang Members & Criminals from coming into our Country," he tweeted.

"Do the Dems realize that most of the people not getting paid are Democrats?" he added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/422952-trump-most-of-the-people-not-getting-paid-in-shutdown-are-democrats
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

They’ll all get paid, and then some, so not a real threat. 

Offline Applewood

Did Trump survey all of the government employees to determine their party affiliation?  Let's see the proof.

Oh that's right.  Trump doesn't need proof.  Whatever he says is gospel truth.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Did Trump survey all of the government employees to determine their party affiliation?  Let's see the proof.
Here's your proof.

https://www.afscme.org
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

Here's your proof.

https://www.afscme.org

Not everyone who belongs to a union is a Democrat.  A friend of mine belongs to a union because he has to. He's worked for this company for years -  long before there was a union.  But when the union was established,  he had to join or he would lose his job.  He did not want to have to go job hunting after all those years and at his age, he may have had some trouble finding suitable work.   But he's a conservative and mostly votes Republican. 

Offline aligncare

Proof? Proof that democrats gravitate to cushy government work? I believe the facts are self-evident.

Offline bilo

Not everyone who belongs to a union is a Democrat.  A friend of mine belongs to a union because he has to. He's worked for this company for years -  long before there was a union.  But when the union was established,  he had to join or he would lose his job.  He did not want to have to go job hunting after all those years and at his age, he may have had some trouble finding suitable work.   But he's a conservative and mostly votes Republican.

Are you arguing just for the sake of argument?

I'm sure we can all find some outliers, but they are called outliers because they are just that. If they weren't outliers wouldn't govt union dues be spent electing Pubs instead of Rats?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Applewood

Proof? Proof that democrats gravitate to cushy government work? I believe the facts are self-evident.

No they arent.  Once again, Trump has made a claim he cannot prove. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
No one loses pay during the shutdown. Some just have their checks delayed but they are still paid in full.

Offline corbe

Regardless of the truth in this statement, this was just another of those things that was better left unsaid from the office of POTUS, but he's a fighter.....    :shrug:
   Imagine obummer/hellary trolling republicans like this (and those two did), we would all be screaming bloody murder!

(reverse whataboutism)
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

No one loses pay during the shutdown. Some just have their checks delayed but they are still paid in full.

You wouldn't know it from media reports.  I saw one sob story Christmas Eve -- a woman crying because she couldn't buy Christmas presents for her kids.  Hello?  Don't people put money aside weeks or months in advance for such expenditures? 

Back in the day, my mother used to contribute to a Christmas Club at the bank.  I think it started in October; she would put in a set amount every week; then close to Christmas, she would take out that money and spend it on gifts.  I think those accounts had a modest interest rate -- like 1% or something. 

I don't know if Christmas Club accounts exist anymore, but still -- if a person knows the holidays are coming or there is some other expenditure looming -- why not put money aside for it?   

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for people too stupid to plan ahead and save.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
   Regardless of the truth in this statement, this was just another of those things that was better left unsaid from the office of POTUS, but he's a fighter.....    :shrug:
   Imagine obummer/hellary trolling republicans like this (and those two did), we would all be screaming bloody murder!

(reverse whataboutism)

Right, how is that helpful?  About the only thing it will do is turn government employee's that are "Republican" against him.  I am absolutely sympathetic to those who's pay is going to be late.  But it is necessary for the entire population.  These people are a small fraction of a big picture of American taxpayers who are not being represented by our government.  I find it the saddest thing that these self serving politicians only care about their own gravy.  That they could care less that a quarter of our prison population is likely illegal.  That every day, hour, minute illegals, drug, and Cartel human trafficking is happening on our border.

So, yes they are suffering a little to gain a lot.  Trump must stand firm, but stop the stupid tweeting.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
As far as you average bumbling government bureaucrat or your nonessential personnel person not getting a check till this is settled..  I don't care except for one group of people being screwed. The Coast Guard.  These service people should be on the same level as the rest of the US military.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

But that's the entire point here.

The typical non-essential government worker lives hand-to-mouth, just like the private sector.

President Trump's genius here is that he's saying "I don't give a shit how long Nancy and Chuck make you suffer!  You're never going to vote for me anyways."

Yeah, they'll eventually get their back pay, but right now, the bills keep coming due and in the meantime, their entire family suffers.

Want to cry "uncle"?   Call Nancy or Chuck.  They can stop the bleeding.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Polly Ticks

But that's the entire point here.

The typical non-essential government worker lives hand-to-mouth, just like the private sector.

President Trump's genius here is that he's saying "I don't give a shit how long Nancy and Chuck make you suffer!  You're never going to vote for me anyways."

Yeah, they'll eventually get their back pay, but right now, the bills keep coming due and in the meantime, their entire family suffers.

Want to cry "uncle"?   Call Nancy or Chuck.  They can stop the bleeding.

It's not just monetary impacts, either.  My friend is an 'exempt' employee, which means working without a paycheck for now and also means all planned time off is canceled.  My friend is stuck working while the rest of the family goes to Disney - including missing the youngest child's first visit.  Those missed memories can't be made up later.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
It's not just monetary impacts, either.  My friend is an 'exempt' employee, which means working without a paycheck for now and also means all planned time off is canceled.  My friend is stuck working while the rest of the family goes to Disney - including missing the youngest child's first visit.  Those missed memories can't be made up later.

It's the taxpaying serfs purpose in life to send the kids of public servants to Disney Land?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
It's the taxpaying serfs purpose in life to send the kids of public servants to Disney Land?

Of course not. It is up to Gary Sinise.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Of course not. It is up to Gary Sinise.

God Bless Gary!
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
God Bless Gary!

In deed.

I sent them what I could.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Polly Ticks

*sigh*
Yeah, that's exactly the point.  Thanks for clarifying it.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Claims posted above regarding significant numbers of Republican workers in the DC bureaucracy are... well, they're laughable.

Most of 'em -- perhaps a large majority -- vote for the democrat-communists.

I WANT to see them worrying about bills due.
I WANT to see them... and their kids... hungry.

Maybe then they'll find the temerity to complain to the dem-com Congresscritters to "do something" to get the money coming in again.

And that means... dealing with Mr. Trump.
Isn't that the whole point?

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
Maybe they'll starve half to death. Since they're already hungry maybe that's enough to do them in for good.
I won't accept.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Claims posted above regarding significant numbers of Republican workers in the DC bureaucracy are... well, they're laughable.

Most of 'em -- perhaps a large majority -- vote for the democrat-communists.

I WANT to see them worrying about bills due.
I WANT to see them... and their kids... hungry.

Maybe then they'll find the temerity to complain to the dem-com Congresscritters to "do something" to get the money coming in again.

And that means... dealing with Mr. Trump.
Isn't that the whole point?
Maybe they'll get their union backsides out of DC and find honest private sector work. There won't be a better opportunity to do so than now, so why wait?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline corbe

Maybe they'll starve half to death. Since they're already hungry maybe that's enough to do them in for good.

That would be great if the demonrats went on a hunger strike until Trump gave up that Wall thing.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline aligncare

No they arent.  Once again, Trump has made a claim he cannot prove.

Well, my argument, somewhat facetiously, is that ‘democrat government workers’ is definitional. It’s a universally redundant phrase that illustrates that members of the party of bigger government tend to populate government jobs. It’s only natural.