Author Topic: Exclusive: White House considers new year executive order to bar Huawei, ZTE purchases  (Read 820 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Good.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-china-huawei-tech-exclusive/exclusive-white-house-considers-new-year-executive-order-to-bar-huawei-zte-purchases-idUSKCN1OQ09P

President Donald Trump is considering an executive order in the new year to declare a national emergency that would bar U.S. companies from using telecommunications equipment made by China’s Huawei and ZTE, three sources familiar with the situation told Reuters.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Applewood

But is it legal?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
But is it legal?

Only Obama's EO's were legal. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

Only Obama's EO's were legal.

Were Obama's EOs ever challenged in the courts? 

In any event, I'm no longer interested in the Obama's regime.  I'm more interested in the present regime.  An order telling businesses who to deal with may be legitimately challenged.

Of course, as of right now, this story falls under the category of "rumor."  There is no such order...yet.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Were Obama's EOs ever challenged in the courts? 

In any event, I'm no longer interested in the Obama's regime.  I'm more interested in the present regime.  An order telling businesses who to deal with may be legitimately challenged.

Of course, as of right now, this story falls under the category of "rumor."  There is no such order...yet.

No order but I think I read Apple(?) dropped using ZTE stuff after urging from the Gov.  (Can't find the link...)
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.