Author Topic: Trump: 'Everybody and his uncle' and 'her aunt' wants Matiss's job  (Read 511 times)

Online corbe

Trump: 'Everybody and his uncle' and 'her aunt' wants Matiss's job

By Morgan Gstalter - 12/26/18 08:13 PM EST

President Trump said Wednesday that “everyone and their uncle” wants outgoing Defense Secretary James Mattis’s job, before quickly adding "and her aunt" so he "won't be criticized."

“I will say that I've got everybody — everybody and his uncle wants that position,” Trump said. “And also, by the way, everybody and her aunt — just so I won't be criticized for that last statement,” he added.

Trump's comments came during a surprise trip to Iraq to visit with U.S. troops on Wednesday.

The president indicated that he is in “no rush” to name a permanent successor for Mattis, who announced his resignation last week.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/422935-trump-everyone-and-their-uncle-or-aunt-wants-matisss-job
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Trump: 'Everybody and his uncle' and 'her aunt' wants Matiss's job
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 02:45:07 am »
   This is a good indication that Mike Mulvaney just scored his 4th job in this Administration (at the same time)!!!!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 11:32:34 am »
It must be like the CoS position, where everyone wants the job, but turns it down, after the meeting.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 07:42:09 pm »
I believe a lot of people wanted to be part of this administration -- maybe because they believed in Trump and his so-called agenda or they were charmed by him -- but I think mostly because they wanted the power, the prestige, the money and it would look good on their resume.  But maybe now some are thinking twice.  They realize the power, prestige, money and the resume enhancement just aren't worth it to work in such a hostile and shaky environment.