Author Topic: California is in danger of losing a House seat  (Read 634 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
California is in danger of losing a House seat
« on: December 26, 2018, 04:29:01 pm »
1st reported back in May.  Updated

From 2010 to 2018, the state of California added about 2.3 million people according to new estimates released by the US Census. Its population, already the largest in the US, to close to 39.6 million. And California’s population increase of 6.2% has been greater than the 6.0% increase across the country.

Yet, due to the US’s complicated rules for giving states representation in Congress, California might soon lose one of its seats in the House of Representatives. Losing that seat would also mean the loss of a vote in the Electoral College, which determines the winner of presidential elections.

https://qz.com/1506891/california-is-in-danger-of-losing-a-house-seat/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jpsb

Re: California is in danger of losing a House seat
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 04:37:22 pm »
Cali would lose a lot of seats if illegals were not counted. Can't wait for the census which asks about
legal status.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 04:40:38 pm »
Cali would lose a lot of seats if illegals were not counted. Can't wait for the census which asks about
legal status.

What you said is exactly why the liberal runs states sued to exclude the citizenship Q.   Hope the SCOTUS rules wisely on this.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 09:28:53 pm »
legal status.
It's my state and I wish it would happen! better for us, better for America, let's face it the majority are nothing but imbecilic demonrat hacks.

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 12:30:50 am »
What you said is exactly why the liberal runs states sued to exclude the citizenship Q.   Hope the SCOTUS rules wisely on this.

:amen:
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 11:42:21 pm »
Yeah, well from where I'm looking at the Constitution California is overdue to be legally Invaded, at the behest of the President, by the National Guards of the other 49 States to knockdown Sacramento and install the Constitutionally Mandated "Republican Form of Govt" required of them.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com