Author Topic: Former ICE chief Tom Homan rips Nancy Pelosi for doubting border wall works  (Read 403 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
By S.A. Miller - The Washington Times - Wednesday, December 26, 2018
Former acting ICE Director Tom Homan on Wednesday blasted House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi for calling a border wall ineffective and accusing President Trump of “fear mongering” with the illegal immigration issue.

“Every place a wall or barrier has been built, it has resulted in decreased illegal immigration, decreased drug smuggling. One hundred percent of the time, it has proven effective,” Mr. Homan said on Fox News, where he is a contributor.

“Look at the rest of the data on the border, where arrests of MS-13 [gang] this year are up 118 percent, the seizures of guns — for God’s sake — are up almost 200 percent. There’s your data. Look at it. You can see why we need a wall,” he said.

Mr. Homan, a veteran of the Border Patrol agent and investigator for Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said Mr. Trump was “doing the right thing” in shutting down the government in a fight with Democrats over funding a wall or barrier on the border with Mexico.

The partial shutdown began Saturday, affecting about 25 percent of the federal government, including the Department of Homeland Security.

Mrs. Pelosi told USA Today that Mr. Trump was using the wall to “fear monger.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/26/tom-homan-former-ice-chief-rips-nancy-pelosi-doubt/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump has shut down the government he should ask for the whole enchilada it takes to complete the border wall.  Not reduce his demands for nearly 6 million.  That is a small amount that will not complete the wall.  He will never get the chance for more as long as Democrats control Congress.

I read an article indicating that Trump was going to possibly negotiate down.  I hope it was wrong.  I believe it was from Sunday.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Chosen Daughter wrote:
"I read an article indicating that Trump was going to possibly negotiate down.  I hope it was wrong.  I believe it was from Sunday."

I hope he chucks that idea, as well.

He should be going THE OTHER WAY.

That is... he should tell the democrat-communists that if they don't agree to $5 billion this week, that next week the price will become $7 billion. And upwards after that.

And then... he should stick to it.