Author Topic: Trump is right to withdraw from Syria – He should replace US troops with private contractors - Antho  (Read 686 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump is right to withdraw from Syria – He should replace US troops with private contractors
Anthony Tata

President Trump was right to announce this week that he will withdraw all of the approximately 2,000 U.S. troops now in Syria. But rather than ending our on-the-ground involvement entirely in anti-ISIS operations in that country, the president should replace the U.S. troops with a comparably sized group of private military contractors.

The private contractors would be an economy of force that assists our allies in the region in post- conflict operations, such as providing security for private investment that will allow the region to stabilize.

Further, this force could assuage the fears that the Kurds will be left unprotected and that Iran and Russia will be free to roam the country. Likewise, it could be a pilot project of sorts that allows us to determine the effectiveness of privatizing post-conflict operations.

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trump-is-right-to-withdraw-from-syria-he-should-replace-us-troops-with-private-contractors

Offline Absalom

.......private contractors to assists our allies(who are???) in
providing security for private investment to stabilize the region....
Hmm...............utterly brainless and sanctimonious blather!!!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
.......private contractors to assists our allies(who are???) in
providing security for private investment to stabilize the region....
Hmm...............utterly brainless and sanctimonious blather!!!

Hmmm...

Mattis is out, and Blackwater is back: ‘We are coming’

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/12/21/mattis-is-out-and-blackwater-is-back-we-are-coming/

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
President Trump was right to announce this week that he will withdraw all of the approximately 2,000 U.S. troops now in Syria. But rather than ending our on-the-ground involvement entirely in anti-ISIS operations in that country, the president should replace the U.S. troops with a comparably sized group of private military contractors.

I have to wonder if this fool is really so out of touch with reality that he thinks civilian contractors can do the same job as the US military,or if he is merely a front man for a company looking to lock in the contracts.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

I have to wonder if this fool is really so out of touch with reality that he thinks civilian contractors can do the same job as the US military,or if he is merely a front man for a company looking to lock in the contracts.

What bugs me, is all these "armchair people", thinking they KNOW what needs to be done. Sick of them.  "He needs to do this, he needs to do that."......  THEY need to run for president then, and do it THEIR WAY. IDIOTS.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Look at who's replacing Mattis: an executive at a defense contractor.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Look at who's replacing Mattis: an executive at a defense contractor.

@jmyrlefuller

In essence,that is all that Mattis was.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We need a few good Hessians for this kind of work.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.