Author Topic: New York Times Reveals Secret to Happiness: Government Programs and High Taxes  (Read 434 times)

rangerrebew

New York Times Reveals Secret to Happiness: Government Programs and High Taxes
By Mark Finkelstein | December 25, 2018 6:00 AM EST

On this Christmas Day, many might be reflecting on the source of happiness, and concluding that it revolves around family and faith. But they'd be wrong . . . at least according to The New York Times.

Nope. Turns out the secret to happiness is . . .  virtually unlimited government programs, and the high taxes to pay for them. The secret was uncovered by intrepid NYT reporter Patrick Kingsley in an article entitled, "It’s Cold, Dark and Lacks Parking. But Is This Finnish Town the World’s Happiest?"

The Finnish town in question is Kauniainen, and its mayor claimed the "happiest town" title after a UN study found Finland the world's happiest country, and another study found Kauniainen's residents to be the most satisfied in the country.

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mark-finkelstein/2018/12/25/new-york-times-reveals-secret-happiness-government-programs-and

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It occurs to me those people are mostly happy because the life they are living is the only type of life they know.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
It occurs to me those people are mostly happy because the life they are living is the only type of life they know.

Even the Vikings of 12 Centuries ago viewed them as backwards and primitive.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com