Author Topic: Senate floats restrictions on detentions of illegal aliens in government spending bill  (Read 617 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
OAN Newsroom
8:41 PM PT – Sat. Dec. 22, 2018

As lawmakers on Capitol hill are looking to come to a consensus on a government spending bill, the Senate has reportedly floated regulations limiting the number of illegal aliens ICE can detain.

The upper chambers is discussing limiting the amount of bed space operated by ICE to only illegal immigrants detained by U.S. border patrol, the Daily Caller reported on Saturday...

https://www.oann.com/senate-floats-restrictions-on-detentions-of-illegal-aliens-in-government-spending-bill/

Oceander

So what happens if the number of illegals exceeds this cap?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Judging by the way things have gone, I'd say they just release them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Oceander

They quickly pass an emergency spending bill to feed,clothe,house,provide medical care,provide schooling,and to provide monthly checks for them. Then they register them to vote.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 05:54:46 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Oceander

@Oceander

They quickly pass an emergency spending bill to feed,clothe,house,provide medical care,provide schooling,and to provide monthly checks for them. Then they register them to vote.

And Trump is going to sign that bill?   

Oceander

Judging by the way things have gone, I'd say they just release them.

I think so, too; which means that Trump should not agree to anything that has that sort of a cap in it.  It’s a fools errand to swap money for the wall for what amounts to personal recognizance for any illegal who manages to make it in.