Author Topic: Panetta: 'Almost every important area that is key to this country is confronting crisis'  (Read 685 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Panetta: 'Almost every important area that is key to this country is confronting crisis'
By Michael Burke - 12/23/18 10:25 AM EST

Former CIA Director and Defense Secretary Leon Panetta on Sunday harshly criticized the state of the Trump presidency, saying that "almost every important area that is key to this country is confronting crisis."

“I’ve been in politics over 50 years in a number of positions and working under nine presidents. I’ve never seen a situation like this, in which almost every important area that is key to this country is confronting crisis," Panetta said during an appearance on "Fox News Sunday."

Panetta noted sharp drops in the stock market, the partial government shutdown that went into effect Saturday and President Trump's decision to withdraw troops from Syria, which prompted the resignation of Defense Secretary James Mattis.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/422642-panetta-almost-every-important-area-that-is-key-to-this-country-is
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Perhaps Panetta needs to give Chuckie a call and let him know that it IS the president's job to ensure that his country is safe from its enemies and he needs to fork over the $$$ for the wall.

Mr. Panetta needs to realize also that fulfilling campaign promises is of the utmost important.  This is OUR country and this is what WE demand; border security and a WALL!!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Panetta noted sharp drops in the stock market
... without noting how the market soared during the first year and a half + of this presidency. Not saying we shouldn't be concerned about the economy, but Leon is being a bit myopic.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
... without noting how the market soared during the first year and a half + of this presidency. Not saying we shouldn't be concerned about the economy, but Leon is being a bit myopic.

The market more than doubled over 8 years of Obama. That certainly wasn’t due to his fantastic economic policy.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online mountaineer

The market more than doubled over 8 years of Obama. That certainly wasn’t due to his fantastic economic policy.
Then there are the unemployment figures, which differ greatly from the Obama years to the present.

No matter what, the USA was not doing perfectly well under Obama and it's not all going to hell in a handbasket under Trump. Panetta, unsurprisingly, is being hyperbolic.

Offline Frank Cannon

This fat greasy little shitbag should be in jail, not being asked about his worthless opinions....

I got 30 months in prison. Why does Leon Panetta get a pass?

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-kiriakou-panetta-whistleblower-20140309-story.html

The confirmation in December that former CIA Director Leon Panetta let classified information slip to "Zero Dark Thirty" screenwriter Mark Boal during a speech at the agency headquarters should result in a criminal espionage charge if there is any truth to Obama administration claims that it isn't enforcing the Espionage Act only against political opponents.

I'm one of the people the Obama administration charged with criminal espionage, one of those whose lives were torn apart by being accused, essentially, of betraying his country. The president and the attorney general have used the Espionage Act against more people than all other administrations combined, but not against real traitors and spies. The law has been applied selectively, often against whistle-blowers and others who expose illegal, corrupt government actions.

Online mountaineer

Don Surber:
... Panetta said, "I’ve been in politics over 50 years in a number of positions and working under nine presidents. I’ve never seen a situation like this, in which almost every important area that is key to this country is confronting crisis."

50 years in politics?

That means he is still pushing 1968 solutions to 21st century problems.

And such obsolete thinking is one of those problems.  ...
Don Surber's blog

So tired of career politicians (of any political party).

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
"I’ve been in politics over 50 years in a number of positions "

And Right There we have 50 Years worth of the Problem.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com