Author Topic: Damn! About 8% of the government shut down last night and the sun still rose this morning!  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Damn! About 8% of the government shut down last night and the sun still rose this morning!

It's an amazing world isn't it?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Blizzardnh

Its light out here but not much sun yet. must be 8% late.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I think that we will all be safe during the daylight hours....  no guarantees once the sun goes down later!!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I think that we will all be safe during the daylight hours....  no guarantees once the sun goes down later!!

@Ed James

Yeah! I was kinda worried about that as well!   :rolling:

VERY good to see you here my friend!

MERRY Christmas!   7777sleigh
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
8% huh?

I Thought the air smelled about 8% fresher on my trash can run when I got up today.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online libertybele

Gee, now Yogi and Boo-boo won't get a chance to steal my picnic basket.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
This is the 23rd shutdown since Clinton was President, and nothing traffic ever happens.

Offline kevindavis007

This is the 23rd shutdown since Clinton was President, and nothing traffic ever happens.

That is the truth. It sounds good on Talk Radio, but in the real world nothing changes at all.  The employees will be getting back pay.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online mountaineer

Government shutdown impact
Don Surber
Dec. 22, 2018
Comfortably Smug    @ComfortablySmug
 18h18 hours ago
It's official. At midnight, no government, no laws, God abandons us

President Trump is playing a game of chicken with Congress. Paul Ryan set it up by having the House pass a spending bill that included some money for the wall.

I celebrated by running around the house tearing the tags off the mattresses. Who was going to stop me?

But the government shutdown is to shutting down government what late night hosts are to comedy: a piss poor imitation.  ... More at Don Surber's blog
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Shortest day of the year.  Figures.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 12:07:47 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

Tuesday, December 25, 2018
Day 4 of no government
The effects of the government shutdown have gone from bad to worse. Last night was eerily silent. Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

Facing starvation, people are getting desperate. Some people dreamed of snow falling today so they could have something to melt and drink.

Children hung stockings out in hopes that a strange benefactor would magically appear, and fill them with food.

Others put some of their milk and pastry rations out on the table in the hope of attracting the food-bearing stranger. It was a gamble taken because of hunger.  ...  More by Don Surber
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org