Author Topic: Where was the DC establishment ‘panic’ when OBAMA fired Gen. Mattis without even calling him?  (Read 894 times)

rangerrebew

Where was the DC establishment ‘panic’ when OBAMA fired Gen. Mattis without even calling him?

Posted on December 21, 2018

As has been the case in the Trump era, the Washington “establishment” — politicians, the media, and the commentariat — are in a tizzy over recent personnel changes undertaken by the president, up to and including the two most recent changes.

Earlier this month the White House announced that Chief of Staff John Kelly would be leaving early next year. Kelly’s announced departure has now been followed up this week with news that Defense Secretary James Mattis has either been fired or has resigned, though it seems more likely it was the latter, given the lengthy letter he wrote to POTUS.

https://thenationalsentinel.com/2018/12/21/where-was-the-dc-establishment-panic-when-obama-fired-gen-mattis-without-even-calling-him/

Online mountaineer

I don't believe we're permitted to point out the hypocrisy, because it's just "whataboutism."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
President Barack Obama fired General James Mattis, the head of Central Command, without even calling the general to let him know he was being replaced.

“I am told that  General Mattis was traveling and in a meeting when an aide passed him a note telling him that the Pentagon had announced his replacement as head of Central Command. It was news to him — he hadn’t received a phone call or a heads-up from anyone at the Pentagon or the White House,” Thomas E. Ricks reports.

So, now Mattis has been fired by two US presidents?  Not too many people can say that.

Online mountaineer

So, now Mattis has been fired by two US presidents?  Not too many people can say that.
So each president might have said, "It's not me, it's you."  :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

this week with news that Defense Secretary James Mattis has either been fired or has resigned, though it seems more likely it was the latter

The whole article is based on speculation.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The whole article is based on speculation.

0bama didn't fire Mattis?

0bama didn't fire Mattis?

No, dear.  The speculation that President Trump fired Mattis.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
No, dear.  The speculation that President Trump fired Mattis.

Oh, sorry.  You said the "whole article" so I thought you meant the whole article.

Oh, sorry.  You said the "whole article" so I thought you meant the whole article.

In the spirit of the season, you're forgiven.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
We now have Trump's usual band of "influencers" (to borrow from millennial lingo) claiming General Mattis was really a Hillary supporter all along keeping Trump supporters out.

Same old stuff as 2016, different day. *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 10:04:00 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024