Author Topic: Graham Demands Congressional Hearings on Syria Troop Withdrawal  (Read 4323 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Graham Demands Congressional Hearings on Syria Troop Withdrawal
« on: December 22, 2018, 11:51:14 am »
Graham Demands Congressional Hearings on Syria Troop Withdrawal | National Review

Senator Lindsey Graham on Friday demanded that Congress hold hearings on President Trump’s decision to withdraw American troops from Syria, a move the Republican senator strongly disagrees with.

It is imperative Congress hold hearings on withdrawal decision in Syria — and potentially Afghanistan — to understand implications to our national security.

— Lindsey Graham (@LindseyGrahamSC) December 21, 2018

“Especially we must NOW hear from the Pentagon about the likelihood of the rise of ISIS and the fate of our Kurdish allies in Syria,” continued the South Carolina senator, known for his hawkish positions on foreign policy.

Read more at: https://www.nationalreview.com/news/graham-demands-congressional-hearings-on-syria-troop-withdrawal/

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Graham Demands Congressional Hearings on Syria Troop Withdrawal
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 12:33:33 pm »
Two question, Sen. Graham:

1) Did they conduct "Congressional hearings" when the Kenyan destroyed America's victory in Iraq?

2) Since I must have missed it...when were you elected POTUS?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 01:05:01 pm »

1) Did they conduct "Congressional hearings" when the Kenyan destroyed America's victory in Iraq?

Two things @DCPatriot:

1)  As an elected official of the U.S. Senate and a member of the Senate Arms Committee, he is doing his job. I'm glad to see he's not giving the president a free pass on this.  Too bad we can't get more members of Congress to do their darn jobs.

2)  Mattis is resigning over Trump's decision.  He is a U.S. Marine Corps 4 star general.  I think it's alarming and quite narcissistic for Trump not to listen to his military advisor.  What actual experience does Trump have in assessing this situation first hand?? 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 03:49:02 pm »
Two things @DCPatriot:

1)  As an elected official of the U.S. Senate and a member of the Senate Arms Committee, he is doing his job. I'm glad to see he's not giving the president a free pass on this.  Too bad we can't get more members of Congress to do their darn jobs.

2)  Mattis is resigning over Trump's decision.  He is a U.S. Marine Corps 4 star general.  I think it's alarming and quite narcissistic for Trump not to listen to his military advisor.  What actual experience does Trump have in assessing this situation first hand??

I'm convinced that Pres. Trump was going to find the $$$ for border security by bringing our people back from Syria.

The only reason we're there in the first place is because of the bullshit nonsense that Assad gassed his own people.  ISIS gassed them and everybody who isn't an Obama person knows it.

And WTF cares about Mattis resigning?   Is he supposed to be the ONLY qualified person to run Defense Secretary?

It's the President's cabinet.   Not Lindsey's.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 03:57:47 pm »
I see Linda's still playing CIC.    **nononono*

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 04:32:47 pm »
I see Linda's still playing CIC.    **nononono*

Well Lindsey had a few short week of worship anyway.  With Trump it was everything Lindsey Graham.  I even saw the video of a campaign rally where he asked everyone if the loved Lindsey Graham.  I wonder if the president is cancelling the next golf outing with Graham?  Will he loose his talking spot on FOX news or will FOX turn on Trump?

Oh, the drama.  I think Lindsey Graham is right on this one.  They need to at least hold hearings to determine what the likely outcome of this would be.  Trump is working on his own without any military advise.  He is working on his very own opinions and frankly maybe relationship with Russia.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 04:36:12 pm »
Well Lindsey had a few short week of worship anyway.

Why do you keep confusing support for a right-minded action with "worship"? 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2018, 04:46:12 pm »

1. Here:https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/stunning-move-obama-isis/

2.  Article 1, Section. 8 of the US Constitution, it is congress's responsibility to both declare war and maintian the military.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2018, 08:10:49 pm »
1. Here:https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/stunning-move-obama-isis/

2.  Article 1, Section. 8 of the US Constitution, it is congress's responsibility to both declare war and maintian the military.

Yes, but Trump is the Commander in Chief.  He has the final say.  Lindsey is doing his job.

I'm not questioning Trump's authority or Lindsey doing his job.  I'm questioning WHY Trump is doing this when Mattis and other military advisors are telling him he's wrong.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2018, 08:14:36 pm »
I'm convinced that Pres. Trump was going to find the $$$ for border security by bringing our people back from Syria.

The only reason we're there in the first place is because of the bullshit nonsense that Assad gassed his own people.  ISIS gassed them and everybody who isn't an Obama person knows it.

And WTF cares about Mattis resigning?   Is he supposed to be the ONLY qualified person to run Defense Secretary?

It's the President's cabinet.   Not Lindsey's.

Again, Lindsey is doing his job.  He's questioning the WHY after the military advisors told Trump not to leave Syria.  WHY isn't he listening?

You may be convinced that he's going to use the $$ to build the wall, but he could bring troops home from around the globe without touching those in Syria to obtain the money.  He could also reapportion monies; he's handing over billions to Mexico.  Why?  That's rather stupid in my books.  That's the country where we need the wall, yet he's handing them money instead of building the wall.

With that being said, I question his motives in Syria.

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2018, 08:16:56 pm »
Well Lindsey had a few short week of worship anyway.  With Trump it was everything Lindsey Graham.  I even saw the video of a campaign rally where he asked everyone if the loved Lindsey Graham.  I wonder if the president is cancelling the next golf outing with Graham?  Will he loose his talking spot on FOX news or will FOX turn on Trump?

Oh, the drama.  I think Lindsey Graham is right on this one.  They need to at least hold hearings to determine what the likely outcome of this would be.  Trump is working on his own without any military advise.  He is working on his very own opinions and frankly maybe relationship with Russia.

That has entered my mind as well.  He needs to tell Congress WHY.  He has some 'splainin to do.  To pretty much do the same thing that Bammy did in the area is frightening.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2018, 08:17:59 pm »
Again, Lindsey is doing his job.  He's questioning the WHY after the military advisors told Trump not to leave Syria.  WHY isn't he listening?

You may be convinced that he's going to use the $$ to build the wall, but he could bring troops home from around the globe without touching those in Syria to obtain the money.  He could also reapportion monies; he's handing over billions to Mexico.  Why?  That's rather stupid in my books.  That's the country where we need the wall, yet he's handing them money instead of building the wall.

With that being said, I question his motives in Syria.

I don't believe the POTUS has the authority to reapportion funds.  Thought I heard Rush mention that yesterday.

Offline corbe

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2018, 08:18:26 pm »
   OK azzhole, the Trumpers have determined you're no longer capable of driving the Bus~assume your old position underneath it now.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2018, 08:20:37 pm »
   OK azzhole, the Trumpers have determined you're no longer capable of driving the Bus~assume your old position underneath it now.

Such a troll, @corbe   And a shitty one at that! 

There's a lot of ground between godlike stature and being run over by a bus.   Take George Patton....    :laugh:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2018, 08:23:54 pm »

Knew it. Graham has an 18 wheeler he takes to truck stops on the weekends.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2018, 08:35:38 pm »
1. The US has troops in dozens and dozens of countries.

2. I readily admit not having knowledge, to determine what should be done.

I do note, almost in synch, when Trump does anything, many #nevertrumers" jump to criticize.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2018, 08:46:30 pm »
1. The US has troops in dozens and dozens of countries.

2. I readily admit not having knowledge, to determine what should be done.

I do note, almost in synch, when Trump does anything, many #nevertrumers" jump to criticize.

I as well will readily admit I don't have the knowledge one way or another to determine what should be done in Syria.

What we do know is that Mattis has resigned over this because he is in disagreement over this issue with his boss. Mattis is a 4-star general and Trump has decided to go against his advice.  Mattis isn't the only advisor who is disagreeing with Trump.  All of a sudden Trump decides that Mattis' advice is no longer valued or needed?  This is similar action that Bammy took allowing a caliphate to overcome the region.  If I recall Trump blamed the gas attack in Syria last year on Bammy.  So, something doesn't seem right here.  Not at all.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2018, 08:56:59 pm »
Syria is a Putin Satrapy.

Neither Putin nor Assad want ISIS setting up shop there.

The Longer we get stuck there the more US/Russian forces clashes we're going to have.

What For? How much GD Shit do we need to stir up, for a photo op to grand stand before the rest of this Feckless world demonstrating we "Care"?

How many American lives is the Shithole of a country Worth?

Not One.

Let Vlad and Bashar clean them out.

Syria is NOT worth a major conflict between the US and the Russians, and that's exactly what pushing our weight around in Syria will get us.

Screw that dump.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 08:57:30 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online libertybele

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2018, 09:01:49 pm »
Syria is a Putin Satrapy.

Neither Putin nor Assad want ISIS setting up shop there.

The Longer we get stuck there the more US/Russian forces clashes we're going to have.

What For? How much GD Shit do we need to stir up, for a photo op to grand stand before the rest of this Feckless world demonstrating we "Care"?

How many American lives is the Shithole of a country Worth?

Not One.

Let Vlad and Bashar clean them out.

Syria is NOT worth a major conflict between the US and the Russians, and that's exactly what pushing our weight around in Syria will get us.

Screw that dump.

ISIS setting up shop.  Isn't that exactly what happened though when Bammy withdrew troops?? 

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2018, 09:12:44 pm »

Erwin Rommel disobeyed direct orders to kill Allied POWs, Jews, and Civilians.

He took part in the conspiracy to kill Hitler with the bomb in the bunker.

Neither he nor his men were tried for war crimes.

He is the only member of the Third Reich to have a museum to his memory.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Online libertybele

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2018, 09:23:22 pm »

Erwin Rommel disobeyed direct orders to kill Allied POWs, Jews, and Civilians.

He took part in the conspiracy to kill Hitler with the bomb in the bunker.

Neither he nor his men were tried for war crimes.

He is the only member of the Third Reich to have a museum to his memory.

I understand the point that you are trying to make, but Trump doesn't exactly have 'boots on the ground' experience, nor someone giving him a direct order.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2018, 09:27:16 pm »
I as well will readily admit I don't have the knowledge one way or another to determine what should be done in Syria.

What we do know is that Mattis has resigned over this because he is in disagreement over this issue with his boss. Mattis is a 4-star general and Trump has decided to go against his advice.  Mattis isn't the only advisor who is disagreeing with Trump.  All of a sudden Trump decides that Mattis' advice is no longer valued or needed?  This is similar action that Bammy took allowing a caliphate to overcome the region.  If I recall Trump blamed the gas attack in Syria last year on Bammy.  So, something doesn't seem right here.  Not at all.
------------------------------------
Mattis was an adviser w/a very ordinary military record and an employee
of the Pentagon, who will never remind anyone of Julius Caesar!
Nor is he a candidate for canonization.
Several need to try getting real.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2018, 09:28:23 pm »
What is the "VITAL interest of being involved with Syria?

With Afghanistan?

If it is truly "vital" then why haven't we already resolved it?

Afghanistan has continued for EIGHTEEN years.

We seem to continue the same failed policies, of endless "half-measure" conflicts*

*never settled, by unconditional surrender. Remember the photos of Japss on our hip? Have had no troublewith Japs, since then. Only took two Nukes.

It leades mee to think, like immigration, forces WANT continuing half-measures, both parties.

Mid-east/muslim wars. Illegal immigration. Health care. Drugs.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2018, 09:29:32 pm »
ISIS setting up shop.  Isn't that exactly what happened though when Bammy withdrew troops??

Cute. Now you're equating Trump's geo political acumen with Obama's curl up in a fetal ball and whimper prowess?

The Worst Putin will try to hold over us is a Diminished ISIS as a figurehead bogeyman.

He's got more than enough of these jihad loonies elsewhere to deal with.

He is NOT in league with them.

Russia tried running Afghanistan. They pulled out.

We tried it. We're pulling out.

If he can't handle them, he will broker a face saving co-operation deal with us to keep us from having a mid air mistake with one of his pilots or ours pushing the shoot switch on the other.

Let him run Syria. If he can't, he'll ask us.

Win/Win.

But our wiping out 200 or 2000 more Russian contractors on the ground is Not in our best interest.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 09:34:09 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Oceander

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2018, 09:30:25 pm »
Cute. Now you're equating Trump's geo political acumen with Obama's curl up in a fetal ball and whimper prowess?

The Worst Putin will try to hold over us is a Diminished ISIS as a figurehead bogeyman.

He's got more than enough of these jihad loonies elsewhere to deal with.

He is NOT in league with them.

Russia tried running Afghanistan. They pulled out.

We tried it. We're pulling out.

If he can't handle them, he will broker a face saving co-operation deal with us to keep us from having a mid air mistake with one of his pilots of ours pushing the shoot switch on the other.

Let him run Syria. If he can't, he'll ask us.

Win/Win.

But our wiping out 200 or 2000 more Russian contractors on the ground is Not in our best interest.

“Geo-political acumen” and Trumpie Bear.  Now there’s a study in contrasts.